Home

Spring Training Invites

This is a discussion on Spring Training Invites within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2015, 05:12 PM   #9
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Spring Training Invites

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufer2
I hate that the computer sends out the Spring Training invites instead of me. And also sets my 25-man roster coming out of Spring Training (if I don't set it prior to the final spring game). Options get burned like crazy when this happens. I have guys that haven't even played in an MLB game that are out of options because the computer invited them to three-straight Spring Trainings. Heading north this season with three great young prospects on waivers because they are out of options. Frustrating.
You should be able to set your 25 man roster prior to exiting out of Spring Training and starting the regular season. I did that in my franchise. You should get a prompt asking if you want to end Spring Training or advance to the regular season. I forget how its worded.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-02-2015, 05:14 PM   #10
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Noticed that. My spring roster is my exact 40-man roster. But if I don't have them on my 40-man, I also risk them being picked up in the Rule 5 Draft.

I guess I just want control as to the Spring Training Invites.

You will get a chance in the offseason to set your 40 man roster prior to the Rule 5 draft. You will get a notification that the Rule 5 draft is coming up in the next day or so. Then you can view the player cards of players you want to be sure to protect to see if they are eligible or not for the Rule 5 draft.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-03-2015, 08:14 PM   #11
Rookie

nmplayer's Arena

OVR: 0

I have a similar issue but specificly with fantasy drafted franchises. What I would like to be able to do is as k draft each player decide whether they are going into my forty man, active , mlb, minors etc... as of now the computer just decides for you.. it doesn't seem like a massive problem but the situation I generally get into is where the computer has decided to put in of my better younger prospects into the mlb and one of my older speciality players into triple a (with the younger on tbe forty man and tbe older not) for me to switch them sometimes requires options which sucks but worse, it often has me forced to send the prospect in waivers.... if anyone has a work around I would love to hear it.
Check out my YouTube+Twitch channels for Franchise play+tutorials for NBA2K Madden , MLB The Show and Fifa, both under /alltimesportsgamer . Also stop by my Dynasty Nation page for TONS of franchise play content, http://www.dynastynation.operationsp...ayer&sport=nba
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 04:33 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Yeah i know. But if a player is on the 40 man roster he has to come to ST and then use an option when he gets sent back down right? So even if we could choose who came to ST any player on the 40 man would automatically be in ST.
This is correct. In real life, any player on the 40 man roster who is not on the active 25 man roster after spring training will use an option when assigned to the minors. Despite what most people think, The Show gets this EXACTLY right. There is no way to send a player on the 40 man roster to the minors without using an option in The Show because there is no way to do it in real life.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:28 AM   #13
Rookie

ufer2's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmplayer
.... if anyone has a work around I would love to hear it.
If you edit your prospect's potential down to single-digits they will pass through waivers. I just did it with five A potential prospects that the computer used up all of their options and all five passed through to AAA. I then reset it after they got to the minors. I admit it feels it little cheap, but I didn't want the computer costing me my best youngsters.
Old 06-04-2015, 09:00 AM   #14
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
If you edit your prospect's potential down to single-digits they will pass through waivers. I just did it with five A potential prospects that the computer used up all of their options and all five passed through to AAA. I then reset it after they got to the minors. I admit it feels it little cheap, but I didn't want the computer costing me my best youngsters.
You can also turn injuries to manual, give the players you want to send down a minor injury and option them. then turn injuries back to on and continue playing. Injured players always pass waivers, at least for me. I've had to do this when signing some AAA filler type players that the CPU decides should be on my 40 man even though it is full.

Hopefully in future years they will improve contracts and give us minor league contracts.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:11 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
you can send them back to their affiliate team at any time, teams do it all the time.
Correct, but doing so uses an option year. This is the way it is in real life.

Basically it boils down to this. ALL players on the 40 man roster are considered on the ACTIVE MLB roster in Spring Training. Rosters must be trimmed to 25 players between the start of Spring Training, and the beginning of the regular season. Any player sent to the minors during this time, must either be OPTIONED (using an option year. Now this player can be called back up, and sent down as many times during that season, and still use just ONE option year) or, if the player is out of option years, he must pass through waivers to be put in the minors.

As I stated earlier, The Show gets this EXACTLY CORRECT, because it is this way in the real life MLB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 09:52 PM   #16
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktd1976
Correct, but doing so uses an option year. This is the way it is in real life.

Basically it boils down to this. ALL players on the 40 man roster are considered on the ACTIVE MLB roster in Spring Training. Rosters must be trimmed to 25 players between the start of Spring Training, and the beginning of the regular season. Any player sent to the minors during this time, must either be OPTIONED (using an option year. Now this player can be called back up, and sent down as many times during that season, and still use just ONE option year) or, if the player is out of option years, he must pass through waivers to be put in the minors.

As I stated earlier, The Show gets this EXACTLY CORRECT, because it is this way in the real life MLB.
i understand and forgot to clarify when i responded. the game does get this right. the op was asking about something that isnt in the game and someone else asked something somewhat related but different.

spring training invitees are not in game. 40 man roster spots use options and not everyone on your 40 man has to be on a spring training roster (but will still use an option)

Last edited by MLB Bob; 06-04-2015 at 10:28 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »