Home

Baseball Reference- MLB the Show Collaboration

This is a discussion on Baseball Reference- MLB the Show Collaboration within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 06-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #9
MVP

MLB Bob's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Baseball Reference- MLB the Show Collaboration

I agree more stats ould be great but from the posts I see around here people would just ignore them base everything on overall and ratings anyway. Until people stop making threads about "so and so dropped 2 overall points..this game sucks" or "games broken because regression lowered the overall too much" stats are just Aesthetics and not anything to put energy into.

My preference, have a lot more stats, have advanced metrics and have the ability to hide ratings and overalls with much much better scouting reports
Old 06-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I agree with the sentiments of the thread that we are in need of better/deeper stat tracking. With that said, while its of little to no comfort this year, the devs have stated that stats are at the top of the list for franchise in '16.
That's awesome news! Where'd you hear about that?
Old 06-03-2015, 03:18 PM   #11
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by iprmike
That's awesome news! Where'd you hear about that?
It was in one of the threads before the game released. I don't remember which one though

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2015, 03:46 PM   #12
Rookie

BentleyA's Arena

OVR: 2

Ahh yes I almost came on here and made this exact thread over the weekend. It REALLY needs a massive stat overhaul. I don't care if it is Baseball reference, Fan Graphs, or Baseball Prospectus, but it really needs it. I also would be very excited if they could implement some of the new Statcast stuff. For instance, track players average exit velocity off the bat. It would be one way to see if a guy is just in an unlucky slump or something and is a different type of power than the current power attributes they have now. A decent example of this is a guy like Logan Morrison. He is 14th in average exit velocity but is only batting .250 with 5 or 6 homers. He absolutely crushes the ball but doesn't slug an extremely high percentage (lots of singles) and has a low BABIP due to just some unlucky plays (I believed he's also been robbed of 2 or 3 homers already too). If you move his power ratings up in the show though then he just ends up hitting a bunch of home runs.
They could also use it for new fielder ratings as well such as route efficiency to the ball.

This site has some good statcast stuff on it (you can click the graphs to and get videos of most of the plays which is cool), baseball savant

Also, as amazing as it would be to have all the in depth stats like OOTP, I would be excited to just have like 50% of that. I kind of dream of a day when The Show and OOTP morph into one game.

*EDIT: Lo Mo is actually now 23rd on the exit velocity stat now. Of course as I type this he absolutely hammered a pitch foul bouncing off the upper deck down the line. Its an interesting stat to track and how it correlates to guys slugging, average and usually higher BABIPs.
MLB: Mariners/Reds
PSN: RipCityBentley

Last edited by BentleyA; 06-03-2015 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:46 PM   #13
Dead Solid Perfect

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I would love to have a real & true BR-Show collab, that worked both ways: The Show would share their formula to create attribute ratings with BR & in turn BR would have a tool to show what a players ratings are for any given year. Alas we don't live in a perfect world.

Syracuse #44
Old 06-03-2015, 06:41 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 20

I especially want stat tracking for my minor league players, it's hard to follow their production with the lack of career stats.
Old 06-03-2015, 07:08 PM   #15
Rookie

dapear's Arena

I agree whole-heartedly that a more variety of stats need to be saved and able to be searched for future games. It's so vital to the game of baseball.

With that being said, in the mean time, you could do what I did last year for 14 The Show. In my Mets Franchise, I simmed it all but before going to the postseason and the offseason, I jotted every important stat I wanted to of all my key players on my iPad. Really helped.

It was cool because I simmed until like 2038 or something ridiculous and one of my guys I drafted in 2014, came up in 2016 and was RIDICULOUS at the plate. Ended up getting in the HOF and I tracked his stats every year so it was pretty awesome to see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2015, 04:14 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapear
I agree whole-heartedly that a more variety of stats need to be saved and able to be searched for future games. It's so vital to the game of baseball.

With that being said, in the mean time, you could do what I did last year for 14 The Show. In my Mets Franchise, I simmed it all but before going to the postseason and the offseason, I jotted every important stat I wanted to of all my key players on my iPad. Really helped.

It was cool because I simmed until like 2038 or something ridiculous and one of my guys I drafted in 2014, came up in 2016 and was RIDICULOUS at the plate. Ended up getting in the HOF and I tracked his stats every year so it was pretty awesome to see.
That is cool, but must have been incredibly time consuming!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »