Home

Baseball Reference- MLB the Show Collaboration

This is a discussion on Baseball Reference- MLB the Show Collaboration within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2015, 02:25 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Baseball Reference- MLB the Show Collaboration

One thing that makes baseball so fun to follow are player stats. I love the game but unfortunately, this is where MLB the Show really misses out (Especially in franchise mode). As the best real life simulation baseball game available, If they could partner up with BR to track in depth stats for both MLB and MILB, it would really take the game to the next level IMO. I was disappointed that something like this was not implemented into the next generation version of this year's game. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Baseball Reference- MLB the Show Collaboration

Same thing i want. BR or Fangraphs.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:08 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I might be confused, but don't you lose all stats outside of those 5 stats that can be found on a player's card by time free agency starts? Like it or not, I believe OBP is a huuuuge factor in the offensive performance of players when it comes to simming. And why you can't access it is beyond me. I guess you can look at the patience attribute.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #4
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
I might be confused, but don't you lose all stats outside of those 5 stats that can be found on a player's card by time free agency starts? Like it or not, I believe OBP is a huuuuge factor in the offensive performance of players when it comes to simming. And why you can't access it is beyond me. I guess you can look at the patience attribute.
Yes you do lose them. Which is why we need something like this. At the least all the current stats should save under the player card.
Old 06-02-2015, 04:31 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

So frustrating, you do lose out on stats when free agency starts. I'm amazed that this is the case on PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2015, 05:13 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 55

Absolutely inexcusable not to have career stat tracking in franchise mode. My number one issue.

There were games on NES more than 25 years ago that tracked better stats than this game.
Old 06-02-2015, 05:17 PM   #7
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Absolutely inexcusable not to have career stat tracking in franchise mode. My number one issue.

There were games on NES more than 25 years ago that tracked better stats than this game.
I'd have to agree. Stat tracking is too important in baseball to be left out of a mode such as franchise. Baseball Reference would be a great partnership.

BTW 55 how is that roster coming along? I know you've been working by yourself on the pitch edits. You must be tired of seeing numbers by now lol.
Old 06-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I agree with the sentiments of the thread that we are in need of better/deeper stat tracking. With that said, while its of little to no comfort this year, the devs have stated that stats are at the top of the list for franchise in '16.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »