Home

Too late on fastballs

This is a discussion on Too late on fastballs within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2015, 02:12 AM   #17
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Too late on fastballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
I bury my pride and move the pitch speed slider to 4 and see how that goes. I feel weird but I guess my reflexes aren't he same
Are you late on fastballs pitched to any location, or just some areas like inside or high?

I don't really feel the pitch speed has increased from 14 to 15, but I do feel that in order to drive high/inside fastball, I have to commit to swing quite a bit earlier than I used to in 13/14 to drive them.

If you are late on almost all fastballs then lowering Pitch Speed slider is a good adjustment I think, but if you are just late on fastballs pitched to inside/high, then I think some strategy adjustment is in order...
Old 06-04-2015, 02:46 AM   #18
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Are you late on fastballs pitched to any location, or just some areas like inside or high?

I don't really feel the pitch speed has increased from 14 to 15, but I do feel that in order to drive high/inside fastball, I have to commit to swing quite a bit earlier than I used to in 13/14 to drive them.

If you are late on almost all fastballs then lowering Pitch Speed slider is a good adjustment I think, but if you are just late on fastballs pitched to inside/high, then I think some strategy adjustment is in order...

My hitting is just taking a hit this year. I'm the Cubs and I can't hit more then three hit sometimes. I don't mind losing but can I get more hits

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 06-04-2015, 03:36 AM   #19
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
My hitting is just taking a hit this year. I'm the Cubs and I can't hit more then three hit sometimes. I don't mind losing but can I get more hits
I'm actually in the process of finding gameplay setting for my own playing, and while I haven't spent much time yet and also I only get to play after work when I'm very tired (which clearly has been affecting my reaction), I do feel hitting in this year's game is quite a bit harder.

So far I'm only hitting .210 - .220 on HoF after about 10 games (but .320 on All-star... a bit easy for me there) with Pitch Speed default. I have been consistently on HoF (and a bit of Legend) the last couple years was hitting pretty well... so to me the difference in hitting difficulty has been significant.

(I'd prefer to use the word "tighter" over "harder" though... Since in MLB 13 & 14 I was going back and force between HoF and Leg and then I had to increase Pitch Speed to give myself challenge. I haven't had to do that much work to give myself challenge... yet.)
Old 06-04-2015, 07:43 AM   #20
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I bury my pride and move the pitch speed slider to 4 and see how that goes. I feel weird but I guess my reflexes aren't he same

Nobody is gonna look down on you here for lowering your pitch speed. As we get older are reflexes get slower, maybe even your eyesight has changed some. My eyes have changed a little the last couple of years, no big deal, that happens at my age. Any of these things can make playing a little harder each year. Your pride will be fine!
Old 06-04-2015, 09:37 AM   #21
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
To not have to do crazy edits you could just do one team at a time. If you have a series vs the Cardinals you could just edit their players.
This right here is what I have been doing for quite some time. I explain my "system' here on page # 12 http://http://www.operationsports.co...nchise-12.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #22
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I believe this is a reason many don't. I use pitch speed 0 and have stated it on the forums. People are quite condescending in their responses to me.

I just don't care. It's a video game, not real life.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 06-04-2015, 12:42 PM   #23
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

For me, bumping the pitch speed up has been a big help. It helps me identify pitches easier, especially off speed.

Working into a hitter's count should help you sit fastball and when you see the pitch, let it rip if it's in the zone. Sure, you may get fooled by a changeup every now and again but 2-0, 3-1, look fastball and start that swing a hair early and you should be fine.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:44 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Tv size also plays a part IMO. For MLB 14 I played on a pretty good size tv, now I'm on a 32 inch. I have to sit close even with glasses that make me see 20/15 lol. I play at pitch speed at 0 and yes it makes changeups take longer but fastballs get on you so quick this game. I don't know if it's my tv or the game but there is a noticeable difference with pitch speeds this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »