Home

Dynamic Difficulty Question

This is a discussion on Dynamic Difficulty Question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2015, 10:39 AM   #1
Pro

Hender3's Arena

OVR: 4
Dynamic Difficulty Question

I started off playing my franchise with veteran difficulty pitching. I noticed it was too easy so I put it on dynamic ( I use dynamic for hitting so I understand the concept of it).. The first 2 or 3 games with pitching on Rookie plus the ball was getting hit all over the park. I couldn't do anything to stop them from scoring runs it felt like.. Whats wrong? Shouldn't rookie be easy since I dominated veteran?
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2015, 04:51 AM   #2
Rookie

nmplayer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dynamic Difficulty Question

Although I haven't had this issue with the show, I think it may be similar to something I recently experienced in NBA 2k. I have been playing on HOF/SIM since the game came out but due to taking a long break for the first few games I tried when I came back I had the settings to All Star/SIM and was just getting creamed. Now I Just assumed that I was out of practice but I had litteraly never gotten beaten so bad. So just for kicks I switched it back to HOF/SIM again and was doing fine.

My theory behind what causes this is that difficulty is tough to implement in games like this so when they do they have to change the style of the game a bit (in madden when you play at pro difficulty the game speed is at slow but at all pro is normal for instance), and I think if you are not used to that particular game style you may lose a bunch for a while. Just a theory.
Check out my YouTube+Twitch channels for Franchise play+tutorials for NBA2K Madden , MLB The Show and Fifa, both under /alltimesportsgamer . Also stop by my Dynasty Nation page for TONS of franchise play content, http://www.dynastynation.operationsp...ayer&sport=nba
Old 06-05-2015, 10:23 AM   #3
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Dynamic Difficulty Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmplayer
Although I haven't had this issue with the show, I think it may be similar to something I recently experienced in NBA 2k. I have been playing on HOF/SIM since the game came out but due to taking a long break for the first few games I tried when I came back I had the settings to All Star/SIM and was just getting creamed. Now I Just assumed that I was out of practice but I had litteraly never gotten beaten so bad. So just for kicks I switched it back to HOF/SIM again and was doing fine.

My theory behind what causes this is that difficulty is tough to implement in games like this so when they do they have to change the style of the game a bit (in madden when you play at pro difficulty the game speed is at slow but at all pro is normal for instance), and I think if you are not used to that particular game style you may lose a bunch for a while. Just a theory.
I kind of think the same thing, there is more that changes than just the difficulty, and there are additional adjustments you must make that are different than at other difficulty levels. For example, I find All Star pitching difficulty perfect for me, but I don't do any better and theorize I actually do worse on veteran difficulty. Seems to be other gameplay factors involved. Maybe pitch speed, consistency, opposing batter discipline may take a hit so they swing at more pitches? Not sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »