Home

MLB The Show 14 Vs. MLB The Show 15

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 14 Vs. MLB The Show 15 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2015, 10:26 AM   #1
Rookie

knicksfan111's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB The Show 14 Vs. MLB The Show 15

Is it worth upgrading to MLB The Show 15. What are the biggest differences?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2015, 10:43 AM   #2
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 14 Vs. MLB The Show 15

I didn't, sounds like there's a few more bugs, or glitches whichever word you'd like to use. Could be another patch in the works tho which may take care of some of them.
To me from reading the forums it sounds like graphics and the lighting were among the most successful of upgrades.
Just read the forums when you have time and you'll get a good idea of this year's game. Certainly a good game but to me wasn't worth the upgrade imo.
Old 06-06-2015, 11:33 AM   #3
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksfan111
What game modes are/were you playing in 14?
Old 06-06-2015, 11:37 AM   #4
Rookie

knicksfan111's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtott
What game modes are/were you playing in 14?
I mainly play franchise and sometimes rtts
Old 06-06-2015, 01:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmagoo
To me from reading the forums it sounds like graphics and the lighting were among the most successful of upgrades.
At the surface level, yeah, pretty much. Graphically, 14 looks washed out compared to 15; the licensed gear also adds a nice touch. Overall, the graphics upgrades alone are worth the upgrade. With that said, there are a few things (already covered in several threads) that need to be ironed out, which is why I still occasionally go back to 14 to have a very enjoyable experience. Put it this way, if someone asked me to borrow 15 and I had to play 14 instead, I be OK with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2015, 02:03 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicksfan111

For me carry over saves was enough (I don't have to throw away my existing franchises or not get the new game).

The ball physics seem better (on hits and stuff).

I don't particularly notice the graphics so much (they've always been fine for me from 13 to now). Too busy trying to hit and pitch, etc
Old 06-06-2015, 02:09 PM   #7
Banned

In MLB 15 it takes longer for a scout to bring back results on players.

The progression/regression system is still the same and this is the biggest problem for me.

The most underrated feature is the directional hitting. When I first heard about I though, meh, but now I quite enjoy messing around with opposing defence.
Old 06-06-2015, 03:21 PM   #8
Rookie

If I had it to do over again, I would pass on MLB 15. 14 was fun and 15 is just frustrating. Other than Diamond Dynasty and graphics improvements, the changes in 15 are either features I don't care about or things I wish they wouldn't have changed.

I absolutely hate everything that has been done to hitting in 15. Other than home run numbers being low, my hitting stats are realistic and not that far off from what they were in 14, but hitting in 15 just doesn't feel satisfying.

Repeatedly balls that are crushed with good timing and centered PCI, that you know would be home runs in 14, die at warning track in 15. Then you'll get cheap home runs where PCI isn't even on the ball and timing is off. I also continue to experience occurrences of good timing and centered PCI resulting in weak fly balls to the outfield. It has the overall feel that player attributes play a larger role than user skill. I'm using zone hitting.

The new dynamic pitch breaks are for the most part overpowered caricatures of their real life counterparts. Differences in pitch speed between change-ups and fastballs are larger than they should be. This combined with dynamic pitch breaks has resulted in junk pitchers being more effective than the elite pitchers in the game. Its to the point that I would rather face Kershaw or Bumgarner than Jason Marquis. As a result, from both the CPU and online play, you can expect to see a steady diet of change ups, sliders, and curve balls. I rarely see fast balls in the strike zone.

The swing feedback has been changed(neutered) to provide less information and hidden from view.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »