Home

MLB 15 The Show: How To Stop Striking Out

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: How To Stop Striking Out within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 06-10-2015, 12:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Learn from your previous AB's. Use the pitch history early and often. It is an on the fly scouting report for you.

Be patient as other have mentioned. It cannot be stressed enough. It also allows you to see a pattern being established.

Go with the pitch. Especially on 2 strike counts as mentioned above. And for the most part use the contact swing on 0-2 and 1-2 counts, to fight pitches off and work the count back into your favor.

Experiment with different cameras. Finding your perfect batting view is crucial to long term success (I use Catcher zoom 3 and swear by it).

Don't be afraid to take the first pitch a lot. Especially online. Most of the time when I play DD most first pitches are out of the zone. I do this for several innings and then the next thing you know I am getting fastballs down the pipe on 0-0 to mash.

I don't use guess pitch. I feel it actually makes you a weaker hitter over the long haul.

Also...you will go through major hot streaks as well as major cold streaks. When your going cold (I was two weeks ago...in a bad way) step away from the game for 48 hours. It will do wonders. Trust me.
Yes and yes. Break from the game really is (at least for me) best cure for hitting slumps. When I go back for few days, I'm batting so much better, dont know why that is.
Old 06-10-2015, 02:56 PM   #10
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show: How To Stop Striking Out

It really is true. I am on a 10 game winning streak between a couple of my current franchises and seeing the ball so much better.
God of War Ragnorok (PS5)
Red Dead Redemption (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 06-10-2015, 03:31 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 15 The Show: How To Stop Striking Out

The chagneups are way too slow in this game. The average difference in speed between a pitcher's fastball and changeup is like 6.7 MPH in real life. In this game it is like 14.1 MPH. Absolutely ridiculous.

Equally silly are all of the curveballs with 90+ break in the stock rosters. In only very rare cases do pitchers have a curveball that moves that much.

This is why using rosters with pitch edits is extremely beneficial. The fastball/changeup speed differential along with the juiced up breaking balls with 90+ movement in the stock rosters aren't "sim" at all. That is some cartoon, Looney Tunes stuff right there.

I also agree with the consensus that using guess pitch does much more harm than good. I used guess pitch as a crutch for years until MLB 11. It was tough plying without it at first, but after a while I became a much better hitter without it than I ever was with it. It just takes patience.

So if you want to strike out less, I would download one of several rosters in the vault that contain pitch edits and I would not use guess pitch. Give it some time and not only will you whiff less, you'll also draw more walks and get that OBP way up in no time.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »