Home

MLB 15 The Show: How To Stop Striking Out

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show: How To Stop Striking Out within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 06-09-2015, 10:23 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 15 The Show: How To Stop Striking Out

One of the biggest problems I hear about MLB 15 The Show is the unfortunate consistency of striking out. This is an issue that has plagued me at times, as well. However, I have learned a few ways to reduce your strikeout rate that could benefit you, too.

Read More - MLB 15 The Show: How To Stop Striking Out
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2015, 10:42 AM   #2
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
I haven't used the guess pitch this year just see to get better at picking up the breaks, and it works well. The best thing to do on 2 strikes is see the pitch out, and if it's a fastball you'll just foul it off or take it the other way. That's always my mindset on 0-2, not to mention using contact swing at that point. Now if I could only find a way to consistently get good timing on changeups lol
Old 06-09-2015, 10:54 AM   #3
Banned

slgrant's Arena

OVR: 0
I never use guess pitch. The key is patience, you got to have it. Make the pitcher pitch, you got to take pitches to get his pitch up,by doing that, it will cause him to get tired. Once he get tired, he will begin to walk batters and his off-speed balls won't have much break, causing the balls to come across the plate. Another option is slowing down the pitch speed to 3 or 4. You will be able to see the ball much better. Don't worry, the ball will still move at a good speed.
Old 06-09-2015, 01:42 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5
go to a contact swing with 2 strikes to get more plate coverage
Old 06-09-2015, 03:04 PM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Re: MLB 15 The Show: How To Stop Striking Out

Learn from your previous AB's. Use the pitch history early and often. It is an on the fly scouting report for you.

Be patient as other have mentioned. It cannot be stressed enough. It also allows you to see a pattern being established.

Go with the pitch. Especially on 2 strike counts as mentioned above. And for the most part use the contact swing on 0-2 and 1-2 counts, to fight pitches off and work the count back into your favor.

Experiment with different cameras. Finding your perfect batting view is crucial to long term success (I use Catcher zoom 3 and swear by it).

Don't be afraid to take the first pitch a lot. Especially online. Most of the time when I play DD most first pitches are out of the zone. I do this for several innings and then the next thing you know I am getting fastballs down the pipe on 0-0 to mash.

I don't use guess pitch. I feel it actually makes you a weaker hitter over the long haul.

Also...you will go through major hot streaks as well as major cold streaks. When your going cold (I was two weeks ago...in a bad way) step away from the game for 48 hours. It will do wonders. Trust me.
God of War Ragnorok (PS5)
Red Dead Redemption (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2015, 11:27 PM   #6
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: MLB 15 The Show: How To Stop Striking Out

Do u guess location and pitch or just location ?

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 06-10-2015, 11:41 AM   #7
Pro

UNDERTAKER1215's Arena

OVR: 3
If it's low let it go, if it's high let it fly.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:46 AM   #8
Banned

As a zone plus analog hitter, the pitch that gets me the most is them high fastballs. I feel like they need to cut the strike zone up top, especially for taller hitters. When you look at the pitch in the catcher's glove? THAT S#IT AIN'T NO STRIKE!! Thats my only troubles, and thats why I strike out so much. You're late every time you stay neutral and swing at it, and its not even really a strike. Sorry to vent, but MLB The Show has to fix this, I'm sorry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »