Home

Can we stop already with the RISP less-than-2-outs popouts and line outs?

This is a discussion on Can we stop already with the RISP less-than-2-outs popouts and line outs? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2015, 01:19 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can we stop already with the RISP less-than-2-outs popouts and line outs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Can you point to a specific game with numbers that the high frequency you're seeing is not just a placebo?
No, to this point I have not recorded the frequency of the above mentioned events. But I suppose I could make an attempt to start tracking some of them.

At what frequency would agree the above mentioned events have become too frequent?
Old 06-11-2015, 01:44 PM   #18
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackbquick
No, to this point I have not recorded the frequency of the above mentioned events. But I suppose I could make an attempt to start tracking some of them.

At what frequency would agree the above mentioned events have become too frequent?
If that question is answered now it takes away from the findings. Meaning if I say 3 times a game and your findings say 3 times a game then it's logical to think you made up the findings to further continue your argument.

I say play a months worth of games, record and report. Then we can discuss

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-11-2015, 02:03 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
If that question is answered now it takes away from the findings. Meaning if I say 3 times a game and your findings say 3 times a game then it's logical to think you made up the findings to further continue your argument.

I say play a months worth of games, record and report. Then we can discuss
If you believe my objective is only to continue my argument, then it would be illogical for me to bother gathering the data as any results that confirmed my position would obviously be dismissed as me fudging the results.
Old 06-11-2015, 02:19 PM   #20
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
If you believe my objective is only to continue my argument, then it would be illogical for me to bother gathering the data as any results that confirmed my position would obviously be dismissed as me fudging the results.
No it wouldn't

It would be more beneficial for you to gather the data then to just say it happens too frequently.

If you do the testing or don't is up to you but if you have an issue with this happening, the more information you can provide the better chance of getting valid discussion going.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-11-2015, 02:23 PM   #21
Rookie

Lead off doubles are never a good thing for me, almost never get him home with less than two outs. I'm always resorting to two out hits or homers runs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 03:10 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I don't mean this the way it is probably going to sound but I really want to ask. Is there anything about this game that you do like? I mean I know you and I don't get along or see eye to eye on it. But I can't find a single thread you have created or posted in that has anything positive to say about your experience with this game.

I would love to help you out, I just don't think I am the right guy to help you. But I hopefully could point you in the direction of some guys that could. We used to have a pretty big core group of guys that have spent a lot of time with this game and its developers.

But anyway I am not meaning this as an attack, I'm really not. But if this is out of line a mod can delete this if they feel the need.
I love the game, that's why I keep playing. However, there are enough people telling the developers the game is great. I instead choose to point out the shortcomings so that the developers notice them and can continue improving on them rather than resting on their laurels. I want the gameplay to improve and stroking the developers egos only makes them think the gameplay is perfect, which it is far from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
What hitting interface do you use P.A.D.?

I've found that I get overly aggressive with RISP and tend swing at less than optimal pitches to get a job done. Even knowing it, I still do it at times.

I haven't noticed it being overdone, but I have popped up or hit weak ground balls to the pitcher at times in those kinds of situations. When I look at the pitch that I thought was in a good location, it tends to be more to the corner than I thought when I swung.

Maybe that has something to do with your issue.
I use Zone hitting. Do I score runs? Of course. The point of the topic was not that I don't score runs. The point was the frequency at which I hit infield popouts and line drives right at fielders with RISP is alarming and unrealistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcorb95
Lead off doubles are never a good thing for me, almost never get him home with less than two outs. I'm always resorting to two out hits or homers runs.
Agree. I've resorted to sac bunting whenever I get a runner on second and 0 outs just so I can get the runner to third and "pray" I don't hit a popup.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:18 PM   #23
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
I use Zone hitting. Do I score runs? Of course. The point of the topic was not that I don't score runs. The point was the frequency at which I hit infield popouts and line drives right at fielders with RISP is alarming and unrealistic.
Easy.. I was just checking on the hitting interface so I have an idea of how to approach any advice. If you're just looking to complain about this facet of the game, let me know and I'll move on.

Do you notice that the pitches you're popping up are in a particular location? Or perhaps a particular count? Maybe placing the PCI at the top of the zone so you're more likely to hit the top of the ball and hit ground balls or line drives?

Video of this (full at-bats are best) would be great so any analysis of what's going on can really be had.

Watch me play video games

Last edited by Jr.; 06-11-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:12 PM   #24
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Your response seems to have become the primary explanation for every issue brought up on these boards. I believe that explanation to be completely false.

Just because you can point to a real life example of someone popping or hitting a line drive right at a fielder in real baseball, doesn't justify the frequency for which it seems to occur in the game.

This issue is just one of the many events that happen far more frequently in the game than in real life. Other examples include balls hit off the pitcher, passed balls, CPU throwing errors, glove flips, diving catchings, etc. Yes all of these things happen in real life, but they don't occur with the frequency that they do in the game.

I don't think any of that stuff is overdone at all. Things like diving catches, yes they happen in the game more then real life, but they have too. It's a video game, you have to pump it up some. So making more diving catches is a way to do that. It's not like it happens every game either.

Passed balls, what's the problem? I am past the allstar break and have seen maybe 2 or 3 so far. Now wild pitches I had a problem with, but I think I got that under control now.

CPU throwing errors, one word.....sliders!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »