Home

Looking for video/screenshot/writing gamers!

This is a discussion on Looking for video/screenshot/writing gamers! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 06-10-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
Rookie

nmplayer's Arena

OVR: 0
Looking for video/screenshot/writing gamers!

Hey all, so I am starting a new gaming website and I need your help! I don't want to bore you guys with a page long introduction so ill try to keep it concise: Up until about six months ago, although I loved video games, I could never really stick with playing them for longer than a month or so, it just seemed like nothing was ever deep enough and I always got bored. So this last venture into the world of gaming has by far been my most successful and I credit that almost in its entirety to sports games and more specifically the dedicated sports gamers who really take this hobby to the next level. And for me, those are the folks out there who are making these amazing gaming videos, articles,screenshots and in reality just art.

For me personally, sports gaming really changed for me when I was introduced to the stuff that was happening on sites such as http://www.dynastynation.operationsports.com . If you guys haven't been over there, I'd definitely give it a look because I am not exaggerating when I said that it changed my whole outlook on gaming. I am a writer, and for me to be interested in something in any kind of long term sense, it needs to have depth, weight and a story behind it. When I was only playing My Team, Diamond Dynasty, online H2H I just could not stay interested (I'm really not knocking anyone who plays these modes, they are great fun and I do still play them fairly often, I just needed something else as well) but as soon as I begun to make highlight videos from my games, create photo galleries and write news stories, and then put these all together into the awesome multi-media presentation that is so well represented on sites like dynasty nation, I begun to enjoy and look forward to each game that much more.

On to the website. I do not want to go into too much detail regarding my plans for the site as I am trying to keep it as close to a rough outline as is possible, I would really rather it grow organically as a community project (that being said, I've already acquired hosting, and designed the majority of the basic site, content is essentially all that's missing at this point). So, what I would love is to have a sort of main hub/portal/meeting place/collaboration center for all of us that love this other side of the gaming world. I want it to be a place where anyone can display their gaming related work, whether it is a franchise page such as the one's over at dynasty nation or a gaming tips/tutorial video like the great one's we see on youtube or even just a really cool screenshot they just finished touching up! I really do want to make this as unrestricted of a creative, group as is possible.

Finnally, I just want to say that I am in no way trying to compete with sites such as dynasty nation, operation sports or the many others, in fact its really the opposite idea if anything. I think that we, as a community need a central hub to make it easier to find sites like these where we can really communicate and create together. ( On a side note,I will never, ever monetize this site in anyway.)

So how can you help? There are a ton of different ways you can contribute, depending on your skill set, amount of free time etc... Right now one of the main things I am looking for is submissions for display in what is essentially the featured artwork portion of the website, I have spaces for Franchise pages, tutorial videos, articles, screenshots, really as long as it is creative and in some way related to sports gaming, it has a place. You will of course be credited for your work, if you'd like a link to your personal page of some kind placed with it that will be fine. As long as you are not trying to sell your work or sell anything through your work everything is good.

Along with this I am also looking for semi-permanent members for the site who can commit to submitting pieces on a regular basis and will also help out with moderating, selecting submissions etc.. etc... They're are no set requirements for one of these positions, obviously I will be the only person who decides on the first accepted applicant and then myself and the now other moderator will decide on the second etc..

Contacting me: The best way to contact ,me regarding this is via the website email at [email protected] .. That being said, if you do end up having to message me on here or on PSN (nmplayer) I'm not going to be a stickler about it. If you are making a submission for display please include a link to or the file itself, a brief description and a name (or username its up to you) to credit the piece too, along with whatever other information you feel will be relevant.

If you are applying for a resident artist/moderator position please include a portfolio of some sort (This can be anything from an actual portfolio you put together for this purpose, to a link to your youtube channel) and a run down of what you consider you skill set and/or specialty. Also please include an reasonable amount of work you can commit too.. I.E. (1 hour a week website help, two videos and a short article, just an example). Sorry for the long read folks but this really is something I am passionate about. Hope to hear from you very soon!
Check out my YouTube+Twitch channels for Franchise play+tutorials for NBA2K Madden , MLB The Show and Fifa, both under /alltimesportsgamer . Also stop by my Dynasty Nation page for TONS of franchise play content, http://www.dynastynation.operationsp...ayer&sport=nba
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 10:43 AM   #2
Rookie

nmplayer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Looking for video/screenshot/writing gamers!

Anyone? I know you guys are out there!
Check out my YouTube+Twitch channels for Franchise play+tutorials for NBA2K Madden , MLB The Show and Fifa, both under /alltimesportsgamer . Also stop by my Dynasty Nation page for TONS of franchise play content, http://www.dynastynation.operationsp...ayer&sport=nba

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »