Home

Is AI trade logic really that bad?

This is a discussion on Is AI trade logic really that bad? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 06-11-2015, 04:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is AI trade logic really that bad?

I simulated 2 test seasons in franchise mode and the only trade involving "major" players was the A's trading 3 players for Chris Sale. Other than that it's been a bunch of middling-solid B player types and virtually nothing blockbuster at the trade deadline.

Am I the only one who isn't having wonky trades?

Also, how does the post-trade deadline waiver system work?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 04:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is AI trade logic really that bad?

I've seen quite a few. Matt Harvey, Sale, and Stanton are 3 names I remember seeing being traded for nothing good in return.
Old 06-11-2015, 04:53 PM   #3
Dead Solid Perfect

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

AI trade logic, bad. Human trade logic, bad.
You have to decide if it's a gamekiller for you & if it is, are you willing to play with 30 team control.

Syracuse #44
Old 06-11-2015, 05:15 PM   #4
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
I simulated 2 test seasons in franchise mode and the only trade involving "major" players was the A's trading 3 players for Chris Sale. Other than that it's been a bunch of middling-solid B player types and virtually nothing blockbuster at the trade deadline.

Am I the only one who isn't having wonky trades?

Also, how does the post-trade deadline waiver system work?

Thanks!
I've seen a bunch of stupid decisions made by the CPU in regards to player management. The Marlins left Hernandez(?), their top pitcher, in the minors for a full year despite not being injured. The CPU 40-man control is crap too. Teams will leave players with low attributes on the 40-man roster while letting other players with much better ratings go. I've traded players to a team before, only to see that team put that same player they just received on outright waivers by taking them off their 40-man roster... meaning I could just claim that player and get him back. Stupid, Stupid choices made by the CPU that becomes a glaring issue once you get a couple seasons deep into the mode.

As for the post-trade deadline rules you asked about, it goes like this:

1. After the trade deadline has passed, the only players that can be traded are the ones not on any teams 40-man roster.

2. If you want to trade a player on your 40-man roster after the deadline, you must put him on trade waivers. To do this, go to roster management, select the player, and at the bottom of the popup screen, select put on trade waivers.

3. When you do this, all teams will have 2 days to place a claim on that player. If a team places a claim on him, you will have the option of taking back that claim. If you do, you will keep the player, but you can't trade him. If you don't take back the claim, the team that placed a claim on him will receive that player for nothing. The majority of the time, it's always a wise choice to take back the claim.

4. On the other hand, if you put a player on trade waivers and no team places a claim on him within 2 days, you will then be allowed to trade that player past the deadline.

Hope that helps any.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:18 PM   #5
Rookie

Fours's Arena

I let the CPU wheel and deal and it's never that bad..

There are definitely some head scratching trades, but those exist in real life too..

Over the long term it's far from a franchise ruining thing. I'm more surprised by the great trades that the cpu makes, there's upcoming free agents traded for prospects, teams exchanging MLB talent at need/surplus positions..

I think they have a long way to go, but 15 is so much better than previous years. The biggest tweak needed is for the CPU to give a higher value to close to MLB prospects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 05:27 PM   #6
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I think the cpu trading is actually pretty good, especially after the latest patch. I think people are quick to judge trades and not let them play out to see how the cpu builds around trades.

And yes the trading after deadline works as it should.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 06-11-2015, 06:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for the insight guys! I'm assuming those of you who are fine with the AI trade logic don't use 30 team control?
Old 06-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #8
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
Thanks for the insight guys! I'm assuming those of you who are fine with the AI trade logic don't use 30 team control?
I only control my team, I do not use 30 team control

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »