Home

Question about manual injuries

This is a discussion on Question about manual injuries within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Will Feature All 134 FBS Schools - Herbstreit, Fowler, Pollack & More in the Game
We Wish MLB Network Presentation Would Return in MLB The Show 24
Sports Game Pet Peeve: Let Us Back Out Before a Game Starts

Old 06-11-2015, 09:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Question about manual injuries

So I've seen a lot of people using manual injuries to replicate the ones in real life (I'm planning on doing this), my question is, will the CPU promote said injured players automatically once they come off the DL? Does it need to be done manually?

Also, do injuries still occur organically with the setting on manual? Or do you just change it back once you're done?

Thanks!

Last edited by plak89; 06-11-2015 at 09:47 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 09:48 PM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Question about manual injuries

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
So I've seen a lot of people using manual injuries to replicate the ones in real life (I'm planning on doing this), my question is, will the CPU promote said injured players automatically once they come off the DL? Does it need to be done manually?
Make sure they are on one of the playable rosters so MLB/AAA/AA when you hurt them and place them on the DL yourself. If they are on the A roster they wont do anything with them.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Make sure they are on one of the playable rosters so MLB/AAA/AA when you hurt them and place them on the DL yourself. If they are on the A roster they wont do anything with them.
So as long as they're not on A, they'll get called up once they're healthy?
Old 06-11-2015, 09:56 PM   #4
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by plak89
So as long as they're not on A, they'll get called up once they're healthy?
Yes. They should anyway. CPU likes to do things its own way sometimes so just pay attention every now and then.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:24 PM   #5
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Yes. They should anyway. CPU likes to do things its own way sometimes so just pay attention every now and then.
I second this. Started a franchise with OS rosters. I guess the Marlins top pitcher, Hernandez or Fernandez whichever one, was on the DL to start the season and was in Triple-A. Started flipping through teams for trade prospects around the All-Star break and saw him languishing in Triple-A still, despite being healthy and playing in Triple-A games the entire season.

So yeah, keep an eye on those things. CPU does some wonky stuff with roster decisions sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2015, 11:49 PM   #6
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
I second this. Started a franchise with OS rosters. I guess the Marlins top pitcher, Hernandez or Fernandez whichever one, was on the DL to start the season and was in Triple-A. Started flipping through teams for trade prospects around the All-Star break and saw him languishing in Triple-A still, despite being healthy and playing in Triple-A games the entire season.

So yeah, keep an eye on those things. CPU does some wonky stuff with roster decisions sometimes.
Yeah thats why i just add everyone im going to injure to the MLB team that way someone like Fernandez will be kept on the team when he comes back but someone with a 60 rating will be sent down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »