Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.04 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.04 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2015, 09:44 PM   #41
Rookie

Bacong's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.04 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fours
Such a disappointing patch, especially knowing this is the last one with any hope of addressing non DD issues.. I know and accept that the money making modes will always get priority, but to have given up completely on franchise is a big middle finger to a huge segment of customers.

It's still possible to enjoy franchise with heavy editing and workarounds, but here's a list for MLB 16

- Balance overall Pitcher progression
- Pitcher progression velocity bug
- Playoff pitcher stamina
- Amateur draft generation, age over flow issue
- Amateur draft generation, inflated potential
- Amateur draft generation, ridiculous looking players
- Previous patch broke CPU lead offs
- Inflated pick off move errors(Can we call this fixed by removing lead offs?)
- Budgets preventing FA signings, leaving 90+ rated players unsigned.
- 1B not covering bag on diving plays.
- Players choosing relaxed throwing animations inappropriately.
- Catchers allowing passed balls on fastballs in the strike zone.
- Manager salary demands climbing to 8M+/year

That's just off the top of my head, I could come up with a lot more..

Year-to-year saves only make sense if you've tuned the game to make sense years down the road.

-frustrated-
I'm having a ton of fun in Franchise mode, FWIW. I don't sim and I play every game, so I haven't seen those types of bugs you only experience a few seasons down the road. Sure, it's got its problems but overall it's a pretty solid game with golden gameplay. FIFA is the only game that comes close in terms of atmosphere and smooth gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 11:03 PM   #42
Rookie

Fours's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacong
I'm having a ton of fun in Franchise mode, FWIW. I don't sim and I play every game, so I haven't seen those types of bugs you only experience a few seasons down the road. Sure, it's got its problems but overall it's a pretty solid game with golden gameplay. FIFA is the only game that comes close in terms of atmosphere and smooth gameplay.
Essentially you're saying I shouldn't be frustrated because you haven't experienced the bugs I listed(yet). I understand why you posted, and I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it. You should be paying attention to the bugs reported by long sim franchise guys, some of the issues are already starting and will effect year 2, such as the velocity bug, scouting leading to more overage draft players, inflated amateur draft potentials, etc.. You'll have to deal with it all sooner or later.

I play 2 franchises each year, one where I never sim and try to play all 162+ games, and one where I rebuild a team long term and sim until all real players have retired, then play games with "my" players.

The no-sim franchise has been more fun, no doubt.

Almost every issue I listed should have been recognized and fixed after a single long sim test. It's not unreasonable to ask that some of them be addressed with a patch.

It seems like anything with a hint of negativity gets dismissed as some kind of disparaging ungratefulness. The entire point of a franchise mode is to play into the future, not just provide a single season experience. Right now it doesn't do what it's intended to do. The list is intelligent, helpful feedback, for free.

It's not like I'm complaining about Jayson Werth's arms not being hairy enough..
Old 06-12-2015, 11:09 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Essentially you're saying I shouldn't be frustrated because you haven't experienced the bugs I listed(yet).
He said nothing about the experience you were having, or were supposed to have. He was relating his own experience.

Maybe he shouldn't have quoted you, but I didn't see anything in that post to suggest he was telling you what to think.

FWIW I agree with pretty much everything on your list. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy the game for what it is and does right.
Old 06-12-2015, 11:15 PM   #44
Rookie

All these complaints how about a poll for if it's disc or digital download?
Old 06-12-2015, 11:17 PM   #45
Rookie

Bacong's Arena

Quote:
Essentially you're saying I shouldn't be frustrated because you haven't experienced the bugs I listed(yet). I understand why you posted, and I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it. You should be paying attention to the bugs reported by long sim franchise guys, some of the issues are already starting and will effect year 2, such as the velocity bug, scouting leading to more overage draft players, inflated amateur draft potentials, etc.. You'll have to deal with it all sooner or later.

I play 2 franchises each year, one where I never sim and try to play all 162+ games, and one where I rebuild a team long term and sim until all real players have retired, then play games with "my" players.

The no-sim franchise has been more fun, no doubt.

Almost every issue I listed should have been recognized and fixed after a single long sim test. It's not unreasonable to ask that some of them be addressed with a patch.

It seems like anything with a hint of negativity gets dismissed as some kind of disparaging ungratefulness. The entire point of a franchise mode is to play into the future, not just provide a single season experience. Right now it doesn't do what it's intended to do. The list is intelligent, helpful feedback, for free.

It's not like I'm complaining about Jayson Werth's arms not being hairy enough..
There's no need to be touchy. I definitely didn't say you shouldn't complain about bugs. Just saying that it is possible to enjoy the game, still.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 11:19 PM   #46
Rookie

NightRaven3's Arena

Man, at least fix the Wrigley Field foul ball glitch. Seriously....one fix lol come on now
Old 06-12-2015, 11:21 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightRaven3
Man, at least fix the Wrigley Field foul ball glitch. Seriously....one fix lol come on now
Ramone responded with why this is unpatchable earlier in the thread.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2015, 11:27 PM   #48
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLKID
All these complaints how about a poll for if it's disc or digital download?
It's the same game, buddy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »