Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.04 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.04 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2015, 04:12 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.04 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

MLB 15 The Show patch 1.04 arrived early this morning, weighing in at 799 MB. SCEA has just released the details.

Offline specific changes:
  • When using the Player Lock feature in Exhibition, Season, or Franchise modes, the user was unable to perform a dive or jump animation when inputting the command. This has been fixed for all modes.
Online specific changes:
  • During an online game, when a ball is hit directly at and fielded by the 1st baseman, tapping the circle button triggers the fielder to “take it himself” to 1st base. This was resulting in the offensive user not seeing the fielder run to the base and tagging it. He would only see the fielder standing in place (where he fielded the ball) but the out would be recorded when the play timed out. This has been fixed on this version of the patch.
  • During an online game, in a very rare and timing specific situation, the game would post the wrong win/loss result if the very last out was recorded on a force out play at the same time a runner was crossing home plate (that would have tied the game). The most common occurrence of this involved the bases being loaded, and the last out being recorded at 1st base, just as the tying run would cross the plate. This has been fixed, and games will post correctly when ending on this type of play.
  • During an online game, a hang/standoff could occur if the batter called for a timeout at the exact time that the pitching user was giving the input to select a pitch type. This situation was rare, due to the timing, but encountered frequently enough to warrant code reconstruction to resolve this. This has been resolved on this version of the patch.
  • Within an Online Challenge of the Week game session, users were able to bat from an outfield/pitcher view perspective. This was giving users an advantage, as they could see where the catcher was setting up (giving away the pitch location). Users are no longer able to bat with an outfield/pitcher view perspective in Challenge of the Week mode.
  • Following an extended period of offline gameplay (resulting in the accumulation of XP and stubs), users were encountering an issue where their universal profile was syncing to a system level user, instead of a PSN user. Their amount of XP and stubs were not syncing as expected during the log-in process. This has been fixed.
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 04:27 PM   #2
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.04 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

One offline fix? Really? I must say I am a little disappointed in them this time. Granted I like the one fix a lot, but there were bigger issues.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:35 PM   #3
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
One offline fix? Really? I must say I am a little disappointed in them this time. Granted I like the one fix a lot, but there were bigger issues.
To be fair, SCEA generally doesn't provide patches this far into the year unless it was completely game breaking (like the crashing to XMB in '09).
Old 06-12-2015, 04:45 PM   #4
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
To be fair, SCEA generally doesn't provide patches this far into the year unless it was completely game breaking (like the crashing to XMB in '09).
There is nothing fair/unfair about patching a game. They have patched later than this and we usually get three, I believe.

Don't get me wrong this game is the best it ever has been for me. But I think the boundary issue at Wrigley was a bigger deal than player lock. Though I do like that its been fixed because that is usually how I play my minor league games in franchise.

Old 06-12-2015, 04:51 PM   #5
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
There is nothing fair/unfair about patching a game. They have patched later than this and we usually get three, I believe.

Don't get me wrong this game is the best it ever has been for me. But I think the boundary issue at Wrigley was a bigger deal than player lock. Though I do like that its been fixed because that is usually how I play my minor league games in franchise.
The boundary issue at Wrigley is not patch-able, it requires a stadium geometry fix and we can't do those in patches. The file size would be to big it's the same reason why the jumbotron's can't be added back into the game post launch.

We fix everything we can within reason, time and us being able to re-produce the bug in house. If we can't produce said bug in house we can't fix it and a lot bugs are extremely obscure and even harder to reproduce. Some things we can't reproduce others are too big for patches and some are too risky to attempt to fix.

Last edited by Russell_SCEA; 06-12-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2015, 04:53 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The boundary issue at Wrigley is not patchable, it requires a stadium geometry fix and we can't do those in patches. They file size would be to big it's the same reason why the jumbotron's can't be added back into the game post launch.
That's unfortunate, but thanks for addressing it. Hoping it's taken care for 16, I'll just keep team switching in the meantime. As I mentioned in the last patch thread, this game is too good to let something like this ruin it.
Old 06-12-2015, 04:57 PM   #7
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
The boundary issue at Wrigley is not patchable, it requires a stadium geometry fix and we can't do those in patches. They file size would be to big it's the same reason why the jumbotron's can't be added back into the game post launch.

We fix everything we can within reason, time and us being able to re-produce the bug in house. Some things we can't reproduce others are too big for patches and some are too risky to attempt to fix.
Thanks for the info Russell, makes sense and I understand. I was't aware of of the geometry of the stadium being the fix. I know you guys always do your best. I wasn't implying otherwise and I hope it didn't seem like it. Those were my only two issues personally. I truly do think this is the best game you guys have ever done and I am having more fun then I have ever had. I appreciate everything and know many other do here as well.

Again Thank you

Old 06-12-2015, 04:58 PM   #8
Pro

Mikeyo918's Arena

OVR: 0

So I guess the pick off issue is on the back burner for this year
Florida Panthers
Miami Hurricanes
Chelsea Blues
InterMiami
MLBTS ‘23 (PS5)

https://www.twitch.tv/coastiemike918

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »