Home

The Top Six Ballparks in MLB 15 The Show

This is a discussion on The Top Six Ballparks in MLB 15 The Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2015, 03:36 PM   #9
MVP

Sheba2011's Arena

OVR: 0
As a lifelong Red Sox fan and season ticket holder I can say in real life Fenway is one of the most overrated and overhyped venues in sports. It is a dump that needs to be ripped down and rebuilt. The facilities are massively outdated, the aisles are too small and cramped and half the seats are facing the wrong way. The shine of nostalgia wears thin by the 5th inning.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:58 PM   #10
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44
All of those parks are great. Also Citizens Bank Park is great, awesome lightning and atmosphere. Dodger Stadium is nice in the game although the atmosphere hasn't been covered perfectly. Also very well replicated is the Athletics Park.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:59 PM   #11
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Pittsburgh looks a bit cartoony in the game for my taste, irl it's easily the best in all of Baseball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 04:00 PM   #12
Rookie

Fours's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Top Six Ballparks in MLB 15 The Show

It looks like the list is based on how the parks are represented in the game..

The list is strongly biased towards NL west/central teams.

I can't take any list seriously that doesn't include PNC.. I'm not a Pirates fan at all, but when they built that place they got it right.. It's just too bad they had to built it in Pittsburgh..

If you're making a list only based the parks in The Show, it's complicated.. There is a big difference in quality from park to park, I'll bet they had different people responsible for different parks.. O.Co Colosseum is a joke in real life.. A big ugly boring monstrosity, but in The Show, it's actually fun to play in, they nailed a lot of the details and just somehow made it seem cool.. Same with Rogers Center, in real life the place is a concrete shopping mall, but in the game it's pretty sweet. Marlins Park is better in game, Great American is well done..

Parks that are worse in game than real life are Coors Field, Minute Maid, Citi Field, Safeco, and something seems to be missing from Kauffman..

That's my 2 cents anyway..

I wonder how many others do what I do, go into a replay and track a high fly ball and spin and zoom checking out every detail..
Old 06-15-2015, 04:26 PM   #13
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fours
It looks like the list is based on how the parks are represented in the game..

If you're making a list only based the parks in The Show, it's complicated.. There is a big difference in quality from park to park, I'll bet they had different people responsible for different parks.. O.Co Colosseum is a joke in real life.. A big ugly boring monstrosity, but in The Show, it's actually fun to play in, they nailed a lot of the details and just somehow made it seem cool.. Same with Rogers Center, in real life the place is a concrete shopping mall, but in the game it's pretty sweet. Marlins Park is better in game, Great American is well done..

Parks that are worse in game than real life are Coors Field, Minute Maid, Citi Field, Safeco, and something seems to be missing from Kauffman..

That's my 2 cents anyway..

I wonder how many others do what I do, go into a replay and track a high fly ball and spin and zoom checking out every detail..
True Great American is very nice in game too, I don't dislike Coors to be honest. Citi Field is a bit of a let down.

Yes to that there are significant differences when it comes to the quality of how the parks are captured compared to real life.

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 06-15-2015, 04:37 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I haven't visited that many stadiums in my dynasty yet, but Great American has been my favorite by far so far.

After my current homestand, I head out to Dodger Stadium and AT&T. I'm looking forward to those games.
Old 06-15-2015, 04:45 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 7
Chase for Dbacks is great with details and lighting. Love the TVs in "Fridays".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #16
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Not sure how Wrigley can be put on this list -- not a list of best ballparks in baseball, but a list of MLB15 The Show ballparks -- when such a major glitch like the foul ball boundaries exists in the game. Essentially makes playing there unplayable to so many people ...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »