Home

How do I Keeping a player from retiring

This is a discussion on How do I Keeping a player from retiring within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2015, 01:08 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
How do I Keeping a player from retiring

I am coming to the end of my franchise season. In the playoff's with the Tribe. I will actually play out the season, But i simmed ahead just to see whom will retire and what contracts I need to deal with. I had signed 4 free agent's at the start of the season. ( My mistake was not to sign them for more than a year.) Any way they all turned out to be good players and B potentials. DAYAN VICIEDO, OF 26 Yo, 75-B... JHOULYS CHACIN, SP, 27 YO, 76-B.... SCOTT BLEWETT, SP, 19 YO, 58-B..... AND MATT JENNINGS, SP, 25 YO 52-B... YET, All four are retiring do to Poor Free Agent Market.. I don't want to lose these guy's, but i can not find away to keep them, I can't negotiate there contract until season is over. But as soon as the season end's they retire. I thought there used to be a way of talking these guy's out of retirement, But i can't find it. When the season end's they just disappear. Does anyone know how I can save these guys or resign them. Is there anything I can do. I have tried letting the CPU do the contract work, and i have tried to do it.. But they aren't there to work with.. Any suggestions or are they just gone. I have no Idea why they would retire, All got plenty of playing time and 2 played in my Majors and had a great year..

Last edited by CleveCluby; 06-19-2015 at 01:11 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 01:16 AM   #2
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: How do I Keeping a player from retiring

Just save after the last game of the WS so you can keep reloading and hope that eventually they dont retire.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:20 AM   #3
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

After their last game raise their potential, contact, & power to 99, then before their next game, reset to original numbers.
#44Syracuse
Old 06-19-2015, 02:34 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

Tks. Hoz.. Already tried that about 20 times, they retire every time.. Tks Ghost, Will give that a try.. I will Let you know if it works.. And i am assuming you meant after my last game of the season, either eliminated or world series. Edit before I advance to next year.. Then if they don't retire, re-edit back to normal and offer contract..
Old 06-19-2015, 09:52 AM   #5
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

The only thing you could do is turn waivers to manual, release them and resign them to multi-year contracts but if your already in the playoffs unfortunately your are probably s.o.l. That stinks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2015, 10:25 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I had this happen to me. It happens with free agents that are signed during the season. The way around it that I've found, is to trade the players once you sign them. They've only retired, in my experience, when they are members of my team, after the first season. If I sign them, and then trade them to a different team, they remain in the game. I have no idea why it is set up that way, but it seems to be something in the code.

I was using OSFM vol 1 rosters.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:53 AM   #7
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

The general answer is that you have to sign them prior to the June draft. The players in that amateur draft will replace the players on the FA list so if they are signed before then, they are not earmarked for replacement. Maybe one of these other workarounds will work for you, though, since you are past that point.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:25 PM   #8
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13

Is there a trick to get the cpu to sign players on the free agent list during the first season in a franchise? I'm 120 games into the 2015 season and the cpu has signed no one from the free agent list.
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »