Home

Coors field park effects?

This is a discussion on Coors field park effects? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2015, 06:33 PM   #33
Banned

TonyDanzaFan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Coors field park effects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Well you just keep on denying it even with proof then.
Just because they say there's an effect (five years ago, which certainly means it might not be in there) doesn't mean it's functional. Stop taking everything personal, you're not the developer. Nearly everyone in the thread has noted that it's one of the harder parks to homer in so whatever they did to create the effect, they didn't do it well.
Old 07-02-2015, 06:38 PM   #34
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDanzaFan
Just because they say there's an effect (five years ago, which certainly means it might not be in there) doesn't mean it's functional. Stop taking everything personal, you're not the developer. Nearly everyone in the thread has noted that it's one of the harder parks to homer in so whatever they did to create the effect, they didn't do it well.
Thats not the last time they said it. Im fairy sure people asked during the live streams this year and hey said it was in. Its stupid when people refuse to believe what the devs say. Then refuse to test it themselves. The ball travels farther in Coors. There are multiple other factors that decide if its a HR.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:45 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yeah, I'm with you on this. I'd like to see definitive proof before I accept that there is a noticeable effect. It's the same deal with ejections; it's certainly an option in the game, but I have never seen one nor do I know anyone who has seen one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2015, 07:48 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
That was five years ago. Whatever effect they think it has, it doesn't. It's very minimal and not noticeable. At least in mine (and seems like many others) experience.
Curious question - what is your power slider set to?

I ask because I notice a potential difference (the only 450-HR I had with the Marlins came during a series I was at Coors), but I play with high power sliders for both myself and CPU.

I wonder if I played on default (or lower) if the difference would be more muted and harder to detect.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:55 PM   #37
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Park effects are in the game. They have been in the game now for the last few years. I can certainly tell a difference in hitting at Coors or Great American vs Petco or even Busch.

Whether you choose to believe the developers or not is on you. But to question their work or word simply because you and a handful of others in this thread don't see it is silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealC7R
Yeah, I'm with you on this. I'd like to see definitive proof before I accept that there is a noticeable effect. It's the same deal with ejections; it's certainly an option in the game, but I have never seen one nor do I know anyone who has seen one.
The devs have said its in the game. Myself and others have seen it. It's there.

And the only ejections in the game are when a user controlled pitcher bean a few batters by intentionally throwing at them. So they are in the game. Bean a few hitters by intentionally throwing at them and you'll see it.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-03-2015, 01:04 AM   #38
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
It does have an effect. I remember a dev talking about it.

Yep, I remember them saying there is ballpark factors a few years back. So yes it does have a impact what park your playing in. Over the years with this game, I have definitely noticed a difference in different ballparks o n how the ball travels.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 07-03-2015, 07:35 AM   #39
Pro

they have def said Coors has a ballpark factor. I remember this or last season sum1 asked about ballpark factors and a dev (idk who) said not all ballpark factors were in but he specifically said Coors had a ballpark effect. I play as the Giants and I live in the upper decks with Belt whenever I play there. I could care less about the ppl that just cant accept it that Coors plays differently but i figured I'd just back some ppl up on here. And as far as Yankee Stadium goes....of course u can hit a ton of HRs there....its smaller then the park they play the LLWS in.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:55 AM   #40
Rookie

You need not take everything someone says about the game so personally, countryboy. You're acting like you have personal shares in the game's stock or something in. No one is denying anything. We would just like a little more proof other than word of mouth or anecdotal evidence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »