Home

catcher won't throw ball ...advice plz

This is a discussion on catcher won't throw ball ...advice plz within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
catcher won't throw ball ...advice plz

I just lost a game that I had no business losing , was up 3-1 after playing against the most childish opponent I've ever encountered. Pausing 3 times every batter , using his step out every batter, and sitting there doing the bunt dance every batter , the game lasted well over an hour and 1/2 because of his immature antics. He managed to get Dee Gordon on base and then was able to steal his way to third and then because my catcher will not throw the ball once he pops up from his position he was able to get home and ended up winning the game on that particular nonsense.

I tried the pitch out , by the time I got the catcher to throw he was at second (could have been standing up) ...

This has to be a setting that I have over looked. I've noticed it in other games but never really gave it much thought until tonight when I was actually TRYING to throw out a runner.

Fielding Settings = Buttons , Meter Off (which I know resorts to players abilities which is fine because it does it regardless who is in at catcher) , and throw cancelling is off so I know its not because I pressed the button to many times

Any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2015, 07:23 AM   #2
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: catcher won't throw ball ...advice plz

anyone with high speed in DD will not get caught stealing, its WAY too difficult.

hell you can even slide step pitch out and still not get the guy out. i think the only thing you really can do. is just keep trying to pick off. just sit there and throw pick off the whole time, eventually he will screw up and you can catch him off guard that way.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:32 AM   #3
Rookie

htskr21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2WinIsNow
I just lost a game that I had no business losing , was up 3-1 after playing against the most childish opponent I've ever encountered. Pausing 3 times every batter , using his step out every batter, and sitting there doing the bunt dance every batter , the game lasted well over an hour and 1/2 because of his immature antics. He managed to get Dee Gordon on base and then was able to steal his way to third and then because my catcher will not throw the ball once he pops up from his position he was able to get home and ended up winning the game on that particular nonsense.

I tried the pitch out , by the time I got the catcher to throw he was at second (could have been standing up) ...

This has to be a setting that I have over looked. I've noticed it in other games but never really gave it much thought until tonight when I was actually TRYING to throw out a runner.

Fielding Settings = Buttons , Meter Off (which I know resorts to players abilities which is fine because it does it regardless who is in at catcher) , and throw cancelling is off so I know its not because I pressed the button to many times

Any suggestions?

I don't play on-line, so I may be ignorant with the question I'm going to ask but I mean no offence. Why would anyone spend an hour and a half of their leisure time being annoyed and frustrated? Again, I'm probably ignorant but when I was a kid, we just didn't invite the jerks to play with us. If you're not having fun playing a game, what's the point?
Old 06-24-2015, 11:22 AM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

This year, you have to start preloading the throw from the catcher right after the pitcher releases the pitch. This is quite a bit earlier than the years in the past, but you can make throws that way.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:18 PM   #5
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
This year, you have to start preloading the throw from the catcher right after the pitcher releases the pitch. This is quite a bit earlier than the years in the past, but you can make throws that way.
This. Takes a bit to get use to if you don't pitch or field a lot, but yeah, once you hear that runner start to steal, you need to press and hold the base button immediately after throwing the pitch and before the ball reaches the catcher. You won't get every runner, but that's the way to throw them out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2015, 10:18 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by htskr21
I don't play on-line, so I may be ignorant with the question I'm going to ask but I mean no offence. Why would anyone spend an hour and a half of their leisure time being annoyed and frustrated? Again, I'm probably ignorant but when I was a kid, we just didn't invite the jerks to play with us. If you're not having fun playing a game, what's the point?
Competitive ... I don't like to lose and it doesn't matter if its a video game , in business , or a game of hop scotch. When you are finding yourself in a situation that is frustrating or difficult that is the time when you try to get better and solve the puzzle.

Thanks to those also who chimed in with a comment , it seems to be a timing issue , one of which I guess I just have to keep plugging and try to get it down.
Old 06-26-2015, 11:16 PM   #7
Rookie

I have had this issue a lot this year also. I thought it had something to do with who I had behind the plate. Will try what was suggested here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »