Home

PS4 overheating during gameplay

This is a discussion on PS4 overheating during gameplay within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2015, 08:27 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 5
PS4 overheating during gameplay

I searched the forum for this subject and didn't find anything similar posted yet, so here goes.

Lately, during gameplay, the PS4 fan has been turning on and staying on. This is more than mildly annoying, as the fan is very loud and definitely obtrusive to the sounds of the game. Here's an example video I found on youtube that demonstrates what I'm experiencing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Oh71t2ees

Note: MLB 15 The Show is the only game I have, so I don't have other games to compare this to.

This happens consistently, from the time the gameplay starts (this is not an issue when navigating the front end). I can hear the fan activate and slowly build up to full strength. It remains this way as long as gameplay continues. As soon as I pause or exit the game, the fan quiets.

It definitely wasn't always like this for me. I would have noticed from the time I purchased the game and fired it up for the first time. I am pretty sure I can tie this back to one of the last two patches.

I'm wondering if this is just me, or has anyone else had a similar experience? I was hoping it was at least a known issue. If it's not, I'm wondering if it's an issue specific to my PS4 or if I should uninstall/reinstall the game. I hope that isn't necessary, but I'd be willing to give it a try if this issue is unique to me.

Last edited by Drew127; 06-28-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2015, 08:37 AM   #2
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PS4 overheating during gameplay

My fan runs the entire time during gameplay, once the game froze, and when I shut it off, it wouldn't come back on for about 15 minutes. I assumed it had over heated. I know it isn't my system because I have only had it since December. The other games I have are GTA 5, Far Cry 4, Mortal Kombat X, and NBA 2K15. My system has not done this for any of my other games. I'm not sure what causes this with The Show. But I am worried that it is putting extra stress on my PS4 an wearing it out quicker.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 06-28-2015, 09:41 AM   #3
Rookie

Ruffychu's Arena

OVR: 0

My fan was doing same thing. Furthermore I just sent my ps4 (White destiny console) back to Sony because the system would eject gsme on its own... Even overnight when it was off.... Probably coincidence? Good thing we have a second ps4 so I can continue to suck at hitting
Old 06-28-2015, 10:26 AM   #4
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Mine can get really loud at times.

I changed the thermal paste on mine last year and it helped quite a bit (dont do this if you dont know what you are doing). Make sure you have some open room around it and maybe move it to a cooler area if you can.

Last edited by HozAndMoose; 06-28-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:12 AM   #5
Rookie

Ruffychu's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
Mine can get really loud at times.

I changed the thermal paste on mine last year and it helped quite a bit (dont do this if you dont know what you are doing). Make sure you have some open room around it and maybe move it to a cooler area if you can.
Pretty sure this voids warranty. Might want to add that disclaimer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2015, 11:47 AM   #6
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffychu
Pretty sure this voids warranty. Might want to add that disclaimer
You are correct

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »