Home

The Glove Drop HAS TO GO!!!

This is a discussion on The Glove Drop HAS TO GO!!! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2015, 06:16 PM   #17
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: The Glove Drop HAS TO GO!!!

Never seen this but I usually am mashing X when a reliever is coming in. I'll try to wait for it, doesn't sound like it is rare.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 07-04-2015, 07:24 PM   #18
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

I know I am one of the few but I love all of the cut scenes. I rarely ever x through any scenes and just let everything play, it helps me immerse myself in the game. I personally feel like they have already cut to much out of the game for my taste.

Sure some things happen to much but, I would rather have them in the game then not.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:07 PM   #19
Pro

Stolm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I know I am one of the few but I love all of the cut scenes. I rarely ever x through any scenes and just let everything play, it helps me immerse myself in the game. I personally feel like they have already cut to much out of the game for my taste.

Sure some things happen to much but, I would rather have them in the game then not.
Agree with this 100%. Especially with all the cuts made to the animations while in the batters box. I feel constantly rushed to hurry up and get the at-bat over and move on.

If I wanted to play this way, I would use QUICK PLAY! Or I would simply X through them if it really bothered me. But they decided to take out any choice and simply cut them.

Seems like the game is moving towards quick counts/quick play rush through everything as quickly as possible as default. Which is depressing.
Old 07-04-2015, 08:24 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolm
If I wanted to play this way, I would use QUICK PLAY! Or I would simply X through them if it really bothered me.
This is what makes the decision curious.

Like the ball being thrown back to the pitcher after a taken pitch. Most of the time the game acts like I hit X but I didn't. Only on occasion do I see the ball thrown back.

It's a simple and, ultimately to gameplay, insignificant, but I remember thinking "you know, not many game actually throw the ball back to the pitcher" when I see in The Show.

There's already speed-emphasis options for those who would like them and the X button to skip scenes. Wonder why the trimming back.
Old 07-05-2015, 05:35 PM   #21
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
This is what makes the decision curious.

Like the ball being thrown back to the pitcher after a taken pitch. Most of the time the game acts like I hit X but I didn't. Only on occasion do I see the ball thrown back.

It's a simple and, ultimately to gameplay, insignificant, but I remember thinking "you know, not many game actually throw the ball back to the pitcher" when I see in The Show.

There's already speed-emphasis options for those who would like them and the X button to skip scenes. Wonder why the trimming back.
Multiplayer's my guess, to make the games faster. Either that, or cutting back for memory purposes maybe?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2015, 06:37 PM   #22
Rookie

baseball_fever's Arena

I have been wanting to write about this topic for awhile. I could not believe they brought this stupid dropped glove back for The Show 15. I was left shaking my head in frustration the moment I called to the pen in my season opener and the reliever hit the mound and dropped that damn glove. If I see this return in next year's version, I may have to just march the game right back to the store for a refund.

Please take the time to be more creative boys. We may have all had a little laugh the first time we saw it. But to say it is redundant, would be a gross understatement at this point.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:43 PM   #23
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

This thread is quite the overreaction to a 5 second cutscene. To make it more pathetic there is a one letter solution: 'x'

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 07-05-2015, 11:38 PM   #24
Rookie

dupontflames's Arena

OVR: 2

Kind of bugs me when a pitcher is getting pulled out of the game and he tosses the ball to the manager as he walks off the mound.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »