Home

I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ball

This is a discussion on I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ball within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2015, 02:05 PM   #1
Banned

jergiants's Arena

OVR: 0
I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ball

THIS KIND OF BULL HAPPENS ALMOST EVERY DIAMOND DYNASTY GAME. I'M GETTING REALLY SICK OF IT!!!

A ROUTINE fly ball that should be caught ends up bouncing next to/over/ in front of the outfielder even though the fielder is standing RIGHT where the ball marker is. It turns into a double or triple and COSTS ME GAMES. FIX THIS PLEASE.

In this latest example the ball marker MOVES at the last second and the ball lands right next to where my fielder is, where the ball marker was previously.

https://youtu.be/CaVA6iLheXE

THE GAME SHOULD NOT BE DECIDING IF A ROUTINE FLY BALL SHOULD BE CAUGHT OR NOT!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2015, 02:23 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ba

Not that this would be a solution, just a curious suggestion I suppose but would manual catching improve this at all? I've never used it myself but was wondering if it would decrease the number of balls dropped.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:26 PM   #3
Pro

Braeden's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: I am getting REALLY tired of the game deciding you aren't going to catch a fly ba

Tap x. Tap x. Tap X.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:29 PM   #4
Banned

jergiants's Arena

The ball isn't getting dropped guys... it's not landing where the ball marker says it is going to, or the ball marker completely changes spots at the last second. It happens in the middle of the outfield and happens at the wall. Watch the video.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #5
Banned

jergiants's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braeden
Tap x. Tap x. Tap X.
I don't even know what you're trying to tell me. I don't use manual catch if that's what you're referring to also. The problem is not the ball being caught in the glove.

Last edited by jergiants; 05-06-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #6
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

While I've never experienced that, I have had my fair share of situations where Jason Hayward turns into Alfonso Soriano. Usually happens on really hard line drives and the catch animation doesn't trigger when I get into position.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:49 PM   #7
#OwnTheFuture

Benz87's Arena

OVR: 8

I also see this happen in DD head to head game frequently. I wouldn't say every game, but more often than should. This does happen IRL, as Joc Pederson did it in the Brewers game I was watching last night, it just doesn't happen as often as it does in The Show. When it happens to me in the game it is usually caused by me adjusting the position of my outfielder right before he attempts to catch the ball.

I've been concentrating on positioning myself in time and not adjusting my player too late and i've seen a decrease.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:52 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

That's a routine fly ball? Okay.

I get what you're saying, but the ball shadow itself (not the marker) followed a pretty normal flight path to where it landed - it didn't just suddenly jerk to the left. I'm going to hazard a guess that this was wind-aided as well, because it just kept on carrying and eventually reached a point where it was going to hit off the wall. The marker was trying to reflect that but I think it got lost when the ball carried far enough to reach the wall.

JMO. I probably would have played it the same way you did, with the same result. it's easy to get locked into where the marker is telling you to be, and not actually watch the ball as it comes down.

Last edited by bcruise; 05-06-2015 at 02:57 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »