Home

GM Goals Question

This is a discussion on GM Goals Question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2015, 04:11 AM   #1
Rookie

tbbuccaneer87's Arena

OVR: 2
GM Goals Question

Do you automatically get fired as GM if you don't complete your yearly goal in year 1?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2015, 09:13 AM   #2
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: GM Goals Question

no

10 char min
Old 07-08-2015, 09:22 AM   #3
Rookie

You have a 3 year contract and I've never seen anyone get fired before the 3 years is up. You basically need to reach the contract goal or you will be fired. The yearly ones don't really matter.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:51 AM   #4
Rookie

tbbuccaneer87's Arena

OVR: 2

Sounds good. Thanks gentlemen.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:31 PM   #5
Rookie

Has anyone finished the 3 year contract yet? I'm playing as the Blue Jays and they want a World Series by year 3. With the age of my best hitters I think year 1 (with added pitching help) is my only real shot and then I want to tear it down and rebuild. Question is if I win the series in year 1 then miss the playoffs in year 3 will they recognize that I already met the 3 year goal or will I be fired?

Seems silly to put Win World Series as a 3 year goal or you'll be fired, so many things can happen that are out of the GMs control ie injuries to key players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2015, 03:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan8300
Has anyone finished the 3 year contract yet? I'm playing as the Blue Jays and they want a World Series by year 3. With the age of my best hitters I think year 1 (with added pitching help) is my only real shot and then I want to tear it down and rebuild. Question is if I win the series in year 1 then miss the playoffs in year 3 will they recognize that I already met the 3 year goal or will I be fired?

Seems silly to put Win World Series as a 3 year goal or you'll be fired, so many things can happen that are out of the GMs control ie injuries to key players.
If you meet the contract goal at any point during the contract you will get credit for it. I think the goals are too much though. If you start a Phillies franchise with real contracts, your contract goal is to win the division series by end of year 3. With the roster the Phillies have, not losing 100 games in a season would be a more realistic goal than that.

The goals seem to be focused on budget size which is true to a certain extent but they should be proportionally based on not only budget but also age of team (average age of 25-man roster), skill level (average rating of 40 man roster), and farm system (average potential of all players not on the 40 man). That way your goals would be more realistic to your your current team position. Since I can assure you no one in Philly is thinking the Phils will be back in the post season until Mike Trout signs with us in 6 years.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:52 PM   #7
Pro

I wish you could turn them off. I know there's a 30-team control workaround but that is no help to imported franchises.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:57 PM   #8
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
I wish you could turn them off. I know there's a 30-team control workaround but that is no help to imported franchises.

You can turn them off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »