Home

Certain things about this game that dont make sense...

This is a discussion on Certain things about this game that dont make sense... within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2015, 09:28 PM   #17
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Certain things about this game that dont make sense...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Some of y'awl are just very arrogant...

@ the OP:

1) SCEA has stated it's a memory issue they are working on; hopefully next year!

1a) The HR derby format was decided very recently, well after the game was shipped; this likely will be updated in 2016.*

2) I agree to this also...I believe they will focus heavily on franchise and statistics (sabermetrics especially) in 2016.*

3) Remember replay is just 2 years old; give SCEA some time to get the code right and how to work replays within a video game. Currently, it's coded to give the correct call each time which I'm okay with now.

*I am in no way a developer but I would think some of these things are fairly small (HR derby) while others the community has really pushed for (exhaustive franchise/statistics detail) and I feel they will work on for next year.
To piggyback off of Speedy's post.

1) I thought it was stated that the reason the All-Star jerseys can't be for each individual team is due to a framerate issue. I don't know if we'll ever see it, but here's to hoping.

2) It was stated sometime ago that stats will be a top priority for 2016. I know that doesn't help us now, but at least we know they are working on it.

BTW...great job Speedy in addressing the OP's questions.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 07-16-2015, 09:49 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
So it's not a sim because why? The only team that really does not have a chance of being in the playoffs this year is the Phillies.
As weak as the NL East is, I'd say even they had a small chance this year.

Especially when you consider that in-game Ryan Howard is very very good compared to real-life Ryan Howard (same with Utley), since his ratings are not adjusted for his performance-hindering injuries
Old 07-16-2015, 09:57 PM   #19
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I thought it was stated that the reason the All-Star jerseys can't be for each individual team is due to a framerate issue. I don't know if we'll ever see it, but here's to hoping.
I don't think it could be a framerate issue...there isn't a lot of action occuring which cause the game to go from 60 fps to 30fps or lower.

I think it's an issue with having 32+ jerseys in the same game, multiplied about twice with the coaches and players.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:10 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Do a search and all of those addressed other than #2
To be honest, you'd only know those things if you follow Ramone's posts. Not everybody does that. If everybody searched for the answer to their question there would be a lot fewer posts. And discussing old topics can sometimes bring forth new topics, or we can look at them in a different light.

For example, I knew All-Star game uniforms were a problem on PS3, but does the problem still exist on the PS4? Or is it not a matter of simply changing code, and maybe that's not a priority as the All-Star game is not a huge part of MLB The Show.

I mean, what would you want first, retractable roofs or accurate All-Star game uniforms?

I say these things as examples of how new discussion springs from old discussions. I'm glad he posted this thread.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:13 PM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
lol didn't we just find out about the new home run derby rules like... a week ago?

I'm actually laughing at how ridiculous this topic is
For all the OP knew the home run derby rules were set last year. Not everybody follows everything 100%. Instead of bashing him for posting a thread that takes up precious bytes on an Internet server, how about contributing something new such as a question like, "Will the new home run derby rules be represented in MLB 16?" I would be curious about that. Wouldn't you?

It's this kind of Internet elitism that keeps casual fans from contributing to discussion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2015, 10:16 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spokker
For all the OP knew the home run derby rules were set last year. Not everybody follows everything 100%. Instead of bashing him for posting a thread that takes up precious bytes on an Internet server, how about contributing something new such as a question like, "Will the new home run derby rules be represented in MLB 16?" I would be curious about that. Wouldn't you?

It's this kind of Internet elitism that keeps casual fans from contributing to discussion.
You got it backwards buddy. He's the one that posted the thread. It's his job to do fact checking. That's why the site suggests similar threads before you post. That's why the search function is there.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:26 PM   #23
Rookie

giantsharks's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAfan1624

2. They give out a "Postseason MVP" for the playoffs, given to the best player for the entirety of the postseason. I have won it a couple times in RTTS. But it doesnt make any sense, because there is no such thing as a "Postseason MVP" in MLB. There is only ALCS/NLCS MVP and WSMVP. I have seen it in the game for years and wondered why they decided to make a faux award for this game.
They actually do have a postseason mvp award, its called the babe ruth award, recent winners include lincecum 2010, pablo sandoval 2012 and madison bumgarner 2014

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/awards/aw_mvpw2.shtml
Golden State Warriors

Last edited by giantsharks; 07-16-2015 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:21 AM   #24
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
You got it backwards buddy. He's the one that posted the thread. It's his job to do fact checking. That's why the site suggests similar threads before you post. That's why the search function is there.
It's not wrong to say that there are some inaccuracies in the game. Many of them have valid explanations, but they are inaccuracies nonetheless.

Doesn't take away from how great the game is overall when you take these inaccuracies in context, but what's the harm in discussing them?

Hopefully he came back to the thread and read the explanations. Or maybe the kid got scared off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »