Home

Does your team NOT lead MLB in GIDP?

This is a discussion on Does your team NOT lead MLB in GIDP? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2015, 09:48 AM   #17
MVP

Tomahawk's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Does your team NOT lead MLB in GIDP?

I hit and run when I get ahead in the counts or on full counts to try to stay out of the double plays. Seems like 95% of the ground balls I hit that are fielded when the runner isn't moving turn into DP's regardless of the speed of the batter.
  • LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Old 07-20-2015, 06:59 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 27

I am ranked 30th in GIDP. Always seem to have more than everyone else every year too.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:28 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

So far through 21 games of a new season, my team is tied for 9th fewest with a few teams at 10 GIDP.

That's on pace for 77 for the season (0.48 per game), which is a exceptionally low rate.

It's early, so maybe we're "due" for that to swing back the other way - but so far so good.

I don't do a lot of hit-and-run. I do try to hit fly balls with fly ball hitters (or fictionals I think would be flyball hitters).

My fast players are actually leading the team in GIDPs. Chris Taylor, Nori Aoki, and Matt Baldwin (95 SPD and all) are up there with 2. Most everyone else is at 0.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:11 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 4

Any tips anyone can give to try and avoid the GIDP?
Old 07-21-2015, 06:28 AM   #21
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
Any tips anyone can give to try and avoid the GIDP?

Stay away from pitches in the lower part of the zone. Hit and run. Or take the Ned Yost approach and bunt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2015, 01:27 PM   #22
MVP

geisterhome's Arena

OVR: 44

also have the most DP!

-Glad to be an Operation Sports Member!-
Old 07-22-2015, 03:59 PM   #23
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Anyone know where to find real life team stats fpr gidp?? Can't seem to find it, just wanted to compare.

I'm gonna figure out the average per game rate and try to mimmick it. If I hit the ball into a double play, before it reaches the infielder I'll pause it and do an in-game save.

When I reload I basically get a mulligan but more realistic number of gidp. I already did this once and it worked to perfection. Instead of inning over I scored 6 runs that half inning.

If anyone knows the rate of gidp per game is I'd love to know.

EDIT: I found it...Athletics are 15th with a .77 rate per game. Tigers are 1.03 gidp per game (highest). Pirates (who I play with) are the lowest with a .34 gidp/gm.

I'll round it up to .8 average, same as homerun rate per game. My thinking is that I shouldn't ever see two gidp in one game by my team. And I will do my mulligan UNLESS I have already hit at least one homerun that game.

It's a crazy and probably silly workaround but if it's going to produce better stats I'm okay with it. To see irl the Pirates have 57 double plays in 93 games, 54 in 70 or so games in my season bothers me so much!

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 07-22-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:07 PM   #24
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
Anyone know where to find real life team stats fpr gidp?? Can't seem to find it, just wanted to compare.

I'm gonna figure out the average per game rate and try to mimmick it. If I hit the ball into a double play, before it reaches the infielder I'll pause it and do an in-game save.

When I reload I basically get a mulligan but more realistic number of gidp. I already did this once and it worked to perfection. Instead of inning over I scored 6 runs that half inning.

If anyone knows the rate of gidp per game is I'd love to know.

EDIT: I found it...Athletics are 15th with a .77 rate per game. Tigers are 1.03 gidp per game (highest). Pirates (who I play with) are the lowest with a .34 gidp/gm.

I'll round it up to .8 average, same as homerun rate per game. My thinking is that I shouldn't ever see two gidp in one game by my team. And I will do my mulligan UNLESS I have already hit at least one homerun that game.

It's a crazy and probably silly workaround but if it's going to produce better stats I'm okay with it. To see irl the Pirates have 57 double plays in 93 games, 54 in 70 or so games in my season bothers me so much!
http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/...d-2/order/true

7th column - GDP

Detroit is on pace to finish with 172. 2 short of the record.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »