Home

Ebby Calvin 'Nuke' LaLoosh

This is a discussion on Ebby Calvin 'Nuke' LaLoosh within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2015, 04:18 PM   #1
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

OVR: 0
Ebby Calvin 'Nuke' LaLoosh

Does everyone have one of these guys on their team? On the M's it's Paxton and his CB. Right now in my franchise his ERA is under 2 and he has a 7-1 record, but his control rating is only 43. I mostly use his curve ball but I don't aim it because I really have no idea where it's going. I leave the aim marker centered and just throw it. His confidence level can be around 90% for both that pitch and overall, but his pitch will go all over the place even when I hit my marks (meter pitching). Last game I had 9 K's with him in a 2-0 shutout.

Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2015, 08:06 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ebby Calvin 'Nuke' LaLoosh

As Nuke said, "Don't think, just throw" ...lol
Old 07-23-2015, 08:21 PM   #3
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
Does everyone have one of these guys on their team? On the M's it's Paxton and his CB. Right now in my franchise his ERA is under 2 and he has a 7-1 record, but his control rating is only 43. I mostly use his curve ball but I don't aim it because I really have no idea where it's going. I leave the aim marker centered and just throw it. His confidence level can be around 90% for both that pitch and overall, but his pitch will go all over the place even when I hit my marks (meter pitching). Last game I had 9 K's with him in a 2-0 shutout.

Cheers!
You have to make sure he's breathing out of the right eyelid before you throw the pitch.

Watch me play video games
Old 07-23-2015, 08:26 PM   #4
Rookie

saucerset's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.
You have to make sure he's breathing out of the right eyelid before you throw the pitch.
He also has to wear a garter belt. Rose goes in the front, big guy!
Old 07-24-2015, 02:27 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset

My team tends to collect them because I favor K/9 and H/9 and movement on most of my pitchers.

As one of the announcers say with a high velocity pitcher "It almost doesn't matter where you put it, that thing is hard to hit no matter where it is."

A couple years ago, 43 would have been among the highest control rating in my bullpen considering I had guys like Henry Rodriguez and Marmol (both with single digit BB/9 and Control).

Aaron Sanchez was like 50 before improving it some. His BB/9 is decent but Control is still 50-ish.

Heck, even Jose Fernandez's weakest points are BB/9 and Control.

In MLB13, I had a rotation full of pitchers like this on one of my teams. Fun times, fun times. Last in walks, first in Ks, first in OAVG allowed. BABIP was like .260.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »