Home

Thoughts for MLB 16 the Show (offline)

This is a discussion on Thoughts for MLB 16 the Show (offline) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 02:51 PM   #57
Rookie

dapear's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts for MLB 16 the Show (offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameface1324
Fix 5-6 hitbacks to the pitcher a game, where you rocket it off the pitchers shins and still get out, pitcher doesnt get hurt, and you just get robbed.

Fix the Catchers coming up out of their stances at preternatural speed to make plays on bunts and dribblers.

Make the low changeup not be near unhittable... even when you time it perfect, you are lucky to foul it off. Most of the time the hitter is off stride on it tho, even when timed right.
This sums up about all my frustrations.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:31 PM   #58
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

1. Bring back sounds of the show. Now that you can run music of a thumb drive, this has to be included. I didnt think it would detract from the realism that much but I was wrong. I hate hearing that generic metal whenever my my guys step to to the plate. And WTF is up with home run music? I have to pick one of those ridiculous included tunes? I would never trot around the bases to that garbage.

2. Keep expanding on the equipments in the game, This was a big step in this years game, here are some examples of some big brands that are missing from the game.
Bats: Chandler Prospect Series, Old Hickory, JR? (whatever the brand Tulo started using)
Batting Gloves: Louisville Slugger, Mizuno
Gloves: Mizuno, All-Star, SSK, Spalding, Louisville Slugger
Cleats: New Balance, Adidas

Continue to add additional variants for the companies already included. There are more Nike styles out there, there are high top and low top variants of each, etc.

3. Uniforms. Revamp them all. I know the Rockies vest option has been wrong for years. Also, add the camo variants all teams have.

4. Gameplay Logic A: Player models are getting dated. Carlos Gonzales looks like a middle linebacker on the game while he is actually quite lithe in real life. The dude is a beast and incredibly strong, he just isnt built huge and bulky.

I also hate most all of the Mo-Capped animations. They are slow and often lead to base hits, errors, or unrealistic plays. I swear to god, if I hit one more rocket up the middle and the 2b get to it and throws to first in the exact same instant/motion, I am going to lose my ****.

Its been discussed countless times and has to be addressed, but I will say it again. This nonsense of 4-5 rockets back to the pitcher that hits him and he's perfectly healthy and jumps off the mound and makes a spectacular play like he's Arenado have got to go. I lose multiple hits a game from that. If I drill a pitcher with a 120mph rocket to the shin he isnt jumping off the mound to get the ball. He's down and probably out. C'mon SCEA!!!

5. Rosters: What the hell is the point of being able to "Control" and edit contracts if I can't during the season or after the season? If I have a rookie phenom I should be able to adjust his contract after a season if I want. (a la Mike Trout and the Angels)

Last edited by BDrizz; 08-11-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:35 PM   #59
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I like Madden 25's better. It gives you storylines for players that are coming up in the next draft class and stats from their college season. And then gives you game results for the day and on the side a Twitter section with talk from guys like McShay.
I don't play Madden anymore so I didn't know they did that but that is pretty cool

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-11-2015, 09:26 PM   #60
Rookie

Gameplay: Pitching Improvements

First, I think something has to be done to make individual pitches more unique. Pitching delivery has somewhat of an effect on the way a given pitch breaks, but only from the pitching view. And the impact delivery does have isn't enough.i have a couple of suggestions:

1.) Add as many pitch types as possible. And make them break differently. Vulcan change, Palmball, and Changeup all break the exact same. You could add signature pitches. Such as, Kershaws curve, Felix's Changeup, Tanakas splitter, etc. And PLEASE add a split change and make it break the same direction as a sinker.

2.) Add more pitch stats. Control and break. A pitch doesn't have to break a lot to be nasty. Add a "Movement" stat. A ratings bar that has "Early" on the left side and "Late" on the other. This would dictate when the pitch begins to break during its flight to the plate. This would create SOME uniqueness to a pitchers pitches.
- I also think you could add more stats for the actual pitcher.

3.) For a pitches "break" stat, add two sub categories: Vertical and Horizontal. Either use 1-99 like all the other ratings or use inches and get the information from a great website like brooks baseball. Personally, I would Use 1-99 ratings and have an bar that tells you how many inches it's gonna break based on what number your rating is.

4.) Add an a batting stance/pitch delivery creator. Hell, there are several pitching deliveries that don't even "work" for lack of a better word. They either look absolutely ridiculous, are super slow with an unrealistic arm angle, and/or the ball shoots out of the hand almost like a glitch. I believe Veteran windup 50 is one of them. It would also be super cool to have a pitch creator. The ability to create your CAP's pitches would be awesome.

5.) Add player pitching characteristics. Like ground ball pitcher, power pitcher, control pitcher etc. Each one would do different things to players ratings. Say there are ten or fifteen different "characteristics" to choose from and every pitcher can have three.

Other than some minor issues the gameplay is great. in my opinion, pitching is the aspect of gameplay that could be much better and more realistic. The Devs are constantly stating how important it is for the game to be realistic and pitching could be MUCH more realistic.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:53 PM   #61
Rookie

dapear's Arena

I also kinda want to see more strategies implemented, like in OOTP for iPhone. Like for example, we can set sliders to how often we bunt, steal, pinch hit, use defensive shifts, etc. Or just that different coaches come with different presets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 08:07 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1
A button to randomize custom players faces, etc

There should be an option like "press square" to randomize the characters face and body structure etc.

I'm tired of the Minor Leagues looking like the Clone Wars.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:19 PM   #63
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: A button to randomize custom players faces, etc

I really hope next year that young pitchers with good potential and a high rating develop more pitches. Tired of having to go through the cream of the crop on starting pitchers and adding an additional pitch to those with just 3. Sometimes I add 2 depending on who they are.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-12-2015, 08:19 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 1
Glove pop and "gunshot" like noise off the bat

I don't know if it is just the Yankees games, but I noticed since I was little watching the yankees broadcasts that they really capture the very loud gunshot-like noise off the bat. They also capture that awesome glove popping noise that MLB the show never has in it. If that makes sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »