Home

MLB 15 The Show Roster Update: Good Experiment, Iffy Results

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Roster Update: Good Experiment, Iffy Results within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2015, 01:12 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MLB 15 The Show Roster Update: Good Experiment, Iffy Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus
I wish they'd really get in-depth with this if they were going this far with it. Why doesn't Gerrit Cole have 90+ HR/9? He's got one of the best GB% in baseball.
Even if he had that, it wouldn't matter to played games.

Neither that nor GB% rate are reflected at all in the game.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:35 AM   #10
Rookie

saturn2187's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL="http://www.operationsports.com/32MJ32/"
32MJ32[/url] ;2047567722]Overalls totally matter in Franchise. The 4 criteria when trading with the AI are as follows, in some order:

1. Overall rating
2. Potential rating
3. Salary/contract details
4. Age

The first 2 are 100% based on overall ratings. Potential rating is effectively the overall rating a player will max out at.

Furthermore, the free agent market and how much a player is worth is overall and potential ratings based, too - with the obvious kicker of service time and age.

Until the AI grades players on their individual attributes, rather than their overalls in all facets of Franchise play, they will continue to matter.

If you're going to go down this path, I'd suggest to totally scrap overall ratings in franchise mode..
I agree whole heartedly with this. In last years game, I would consistently hit 35 HR with 90-100 RBI with Allen Craig, but his OVR is 81 based on poor defense, so he would only cost me about $2.3 million per season. No way would a player like that earn so little in real life.

I praise their efforts to tweak ratings more to reality; however in franchise that OVR is king.
Old 08-14-2015, 12:54 PM   #11
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm fine with them going more saber but I dont think you do this halfway through a season because no one benefits from it. You have multiple competing interest at play (Franchise vs DD). If you socked away a bunch of cards for weeks/months preparing for a big payoff, you just essentially moved the goal post without any warning. I'm strictly a franchise guy so I'm not effected but I think this is something you do for your MLB 16 release.

Last edited by yankeesgiants; 08-14-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 07:32 PM   #12
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopey986
Which is great, for me, because I go for guys with attributes that I find work best to fit my style of play, instead of just looking at OVERALL. So it enables me to get a hitter like Frazier far cheaper than a guy like Donaldson even though Frazier's attributes better line up with what I actually want, even if his OVR isn't as high as a guy like Donaldson.
I do the same, I actually try to avoid getting high overalls because I like feeling like the underdog so I get tool-guys (speedsters, contact hitters with high vision or power bench guys, etc) who fit in with my team.
Glad to hear others do the same.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »