Home

How do you choose to play

This is a discussion on How do you choose to play within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which options best describes your way of playing
Play each game out fully no skipping of cut scenes The results are hidden 0%
play each game but skip some or all cut scenes The results are hidden 0%
fully sim game and season The results are hidden 0%
MOM The results are hidden 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2015, 08:30 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: How do you choose to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
I am just curious to find out how each of us choose to play this game... i myself play out every game to its fullest. no skipping of cut scenes. no quick pitching, etc. So tell us how do you choose to play.

I play every ML game and skip some of the cutscenes - usually depends on what they are - typically it's the batter walk-up from the 2nd time through the lineup on (first time I see what stat overlay it will give, especially for the opposing team - I can see who might be "hot" or "cold" etc).

I wish the occasional "scout report" on the pitcher before the game a) happened more often and b) was based on stats/rating (is it?)

I try not to skip too many because I like seeing the stat overlays and such.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:05 AM   #18
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you choose to play

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I play every ML game and skip some of the cutscenes - usually depends on what they are - typically it's the batter walk-up from the 2nd time through the lineup on (first time I see what stat overlay it will give, especially for the opposing team - I can see who might be "hot" or "cold" etc).

I wish the occasional "scout report" on the pitcher before the game a) happened more often and b) was based on stats/rating (is it?)

I try not to skip too many because I like seeing the stat overlays and such.
I too usually watch all the cutscenes through the first couple innings. Getting a good read on the opposing lineup (and your own) is important, but I also like to read the crowd and see how many people are present at the game. It not only helps me get into the game, but also judge the reactions of the crowd. The crowd can give you audio clues that can tip you off to things (like a guy stealing). I also just like to bask in their adoration. I also love silencing crowds during away games.

There are a lot of cool little fan interactions, and they subtle way they react to the games is actually really cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »