Home

Why do the fans go bananas at all times during the playoffs?

This is a discussion on Why do the fans go bananas at all times during the playoffs? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2015, 12:49 AM   #9
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Why do the fans go bananas at all times during the playoffs?

I don't like Tampa Bays fan with the stupid cowbell thing they do.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 08-22-2015, 01:02 AM   #10
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

I've always wanted to see them throw the ball back if for the opposing team if they hit a HR
Old 08-22-2015, 01:22 AM   #11
D13
Pro

D13's Arena

OVR: 6
Why do the fans go bananas at all times during the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
Being a Braves fan and recently going to a Braves home game, I can confirm they, in fact, do NOT chop the whole game. Only times the chop comes out is after big plays like HR's and random times when the jumbotron calls for it.

The Braves crowd is weird in this game. I hit a walk off HR in extra innings once, and the crowd didn't react at all until the ball landed over the fence and the cutscene of the player rounding first started playing. IRL, a walk off shot garners a wild response from the fans as soon as the ball comes off the bat. In this instance, it did not.

I hope and pray that the devs who control crowd reactions and other stuff get this correct for next year.

I want the crowd going nuts when a ball is hit hard off the bat via walkoff or even a double late down the line in a close ballgame.

Even fly balls to the warning track some fans get excited and yell. I want that next step realism from the show in the wonderful game they already make. Would take it next level imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2015, 01:42 AM   #12
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

have you been to a postseason MLB game? it's pretty crazy. I love it in the game too.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:54 PM   #13
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20

It's ok the way it is, I like it. Besides it seems like after the 3rd inning the crowd would tone down some.
Old 08-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #14
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I've always wanted to see them throw the ball back if for the opposing team if they hit a HR
It does happen at Wrigley on occasion. Just a few days ago, I saw the cutscene for the very first time in The Show. The last time I saw the fans throw it back in a video game was All Star Baseball 2004.

Off topic, I really hate it when Cardinal fans throw it back. That's what the bleacher bums do, not us. I don't understand how somebody would do that anyway. Give it to a kid if you don't want it, they sure will.
Old 08-22-2015, 08:22 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Running with the Marlins, I like it because it actually makes the game seem alive.

I mean, I've put together 3 very solid seasons and a WS win - and still have a half-full stadium?

One thing I liked about the Rays in the game is when they bring out the cowbells and sometimes there's the awesome (and slightly eerie?) sound of all those cowbells just going off. I don't know, just seems to make it more atmospheric for me and not just the same "MVP" chant or such (which is also nice)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2015, 06:04 PM   #16
Aqua?!

bigd51's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Running with the Marlins, I like it because it actually makes the game seem alive.

I mean, I've put together 3 very solid seasons and a WS win - and still have a half-full stadium?

One thing I liked about the Rays in the game is when they bring out the cowbells and sometimes there's the awesome (and slightly eerie?) sound of all those cowbells just going off. I don't know, just seems to make it more atmospheric for me and not just the same "MVP" chant or such (which is also nice)
I don't know about you, but playing as the Braves at home, the fans chant MVP at the oddest times. Sometimes, they chant it for multiple people on the team. Sometimes, the players they chant it for are nowhere close to MVP award level, career-wise OR season-wise. Sometimes, they'll be chanting MVP at a player only 2 or 3 weeks into the season. I think I've heard it so much for so many different people, it's lost it's atmospheric qualities for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »