Home

Too late to start a new franchise??

This is a discussion on Too late to start a new franchise?? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2015, 11:57 PM   #25
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Too late to start a new franchise??

Quote:
Originally Posted by H8ter2
Nope, just repurchased a PS4, mostly because of the show, started a new franchise to start fresh and dedicated. I also just got one of those BenQ monitors, wow what a difference, hitting is so much better now with zero lag

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Best thing I ever did as far as the Show is concerned. My hitting went from Rookie+ to Veteran+/ borderline All Star when I got one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2015, 05:40 PM   #26
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

My wife is amazed that I only play the Show year round. Said she never knew someone who can play one game year round and not get tired of it. A combo of being a baseball nut and a fantastic game year after year.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:38 PM   #27
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

I play year round. I'm always starting new franchises.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:58 PM   #28
Rookie

YankeeVic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
My wife is amazed that I only play the Show year round. Said she never knew someone who can play one game year round and not get tired of it. A combo of being a baseball nut and a fantastic game year after year.
We'll, I'm doing it now. My goal is to finish a full franchise season and the playoffs by Christmas.

I bought Madden a couple months ago but only played it a few times. I'm definitely dedicated to MLB The Show. Having a lot of fun playing, particularly, with the MLB playoffs being good so far too.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:05 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm going to wait until the new game comes out to start a new franchise. Not sure if I'm going to carry over my existing Cubs franchise or just start a new one.

However, I've been having a lot of fun with RTTS. I made 4 characters:
1. Myself as a speedy SS (carryover from 14).
2. Power hitting 1B
3. Starting pitcher
4. Closer

I usually play each character until they have a bad outing, and then I switch to the next. It should hold me over until the playoffs are done as I tend to switch over to Madden.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2015, 06:01 PM   #30
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Definitely not. I just started a Mets franchise using the OSFM trade deadline roster (looked for one with pitch edits, but couldn't find one). Playing 1 game per series.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 10-16-2015, 12:54 AM   #31
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeVic
I was late buying The Show this year. It's already September & football season (aka Madden season) has begun. Reading the threads on here, you guys have really got me juiced to play a full franchise season.

But I'm wondering... Did I already miss the boat? Is it too late to start a franchise. When do you guys stop playing MLB The Show? Will you continue your franchise through NFL & NBA season?

With year to year saves now its never too late to start a franchise. Even though I bought the show day1, I never actually started a franchise as I waited for the right roster set, 1st time Ive never not had a franchise going by now. I d plan on starting 1, but it might not be for a while, heck it may be Feb before I actually get started with NBA2k16 out, and it being really good, never thought I would say this but this years NBA2k imo is even better than MLBTS, which has never happen for me. But Im sure I will get that baseball itch at some point before next years game comes out. With the Reds turning into Cubs and the Cubs actually being good has kind of made me burnt out on baseball at this point, but come Redsfest in Dec, and winter meetings I will probably be back into thinking baseball non stop.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 01:19 AM   #32
Banned

Beatles's Arena

I have this game for PS3 but plan on getting a PS4 sometime soon so MLB 16 The Show will be purchased for PS4 and I will have my franchise from 2015 that I will carry over. Like others have already stated, it's never too late to start your franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »