Home

My 3 years in Review of MLB The Show 15

This is a discussion on My 3 years in Review of MLB The Show 15 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2015, 03:07 PM   #9
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: My 3 years in Review of MLB The Show 15

There are many "little things" I would like to see changed, put back in, or refined in this game. MLB 14 is a good game, you really can't go wrong with either one. I really think that the carry over saves from one year to the next release is a feature that keeps this game refreshing.

I will say this Bullit. I've played Madden 15 (don't count the 16 versions), NBA 2K 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, and PES 15 and The Show was tighter than any of them. 2K arguably has the best all around gameplay, but the number of updates that Take Two did has you changing the sliders a number of times which, can be frustrating.

I look at this game as a blessing and a standard that other developers should match in simulation and "Total Control." Don't get me wrong, I want more, but this grass is greener than the others.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:25 PM   #10
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
There are many "little things" I would like to see changed, put back in, or refined in this game. MLB 14 is a good game, you really can't go wrong with either one. I really think that the carry over saves from one year to the next release is a feature that keeps this game refreshing.

I will say this Bullit. I've played Madden 15 (don't count the 16 versions), NBA 2K 15, NHL 15, FIFA 15, and PES 15 and The Show was tighter than any of them. 2K arguably has the best all around gameplay, but the number of updates that Take Two did has you changing the sliders a number of times which, can be frustrating.

I look at this game as a blessing and a standard that other developers should match in simulation and "Total Control." Don't get me wrong, I want more, but this grass is greener than the others.
I am not disagreeing with you. I agree that The Show 15 is good game and probably better than those you listed. I played the hell out of 15. I am just saying its not a "great" game. I am just happier with 14. In no way should my post be taken as a bash on 15, the developers or anybody who loves it. Heck I love it! But after 500 some odd games I am tired of it and going back to 14 that I still enjoy. That's all, really.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.

Last edited by Bullit; 09-18-2015 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:05 PM   #11
Pro

raneman85's Arena

OVR: 6

I needed a legitimate baseball fix so I popped in '14. Not as glamourous in presentation as 15 but I actually played a game without incompetent 1st baseman, wall-hugging outfielders, 3rd baseman fielding grounders and not running to the stands before throwing the ball to a 1st baseman who wouldn't be covering anyway.

Not giving up on 15 or saying 14 is the better game, but as far as next year for the trade in, if I decide that route, it'll be 15. I'm looking at '14 as being old reliable. May not look pretty on the outside but at least there are no surprises.[/quote]

I agree with you totally and posted my sentiments on 6-30. Sadly my opinion has not changed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 10:35 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

The saddest part is that for all the strides they made, 14 is still a far more realistic baseball representation than 15.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:12 PM   #13
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

I don't disagree with anything you said, but I can't see myself going back to 14. I still really really enjoy this game.

2 things you said stuck out I want to extra-agree with, if you will.

Commentary. My lord.

Pitcher stamina in postseason. 4 days rest and starters still have about a full quarter+ energy missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2015, 11:32 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
The saddest part is that for all the strides they made, 14 is still a far more realistic baseball representation than 15.
I don't know - I've seen a lot of of the same things talked about in 15 in MLB14 as well.

Wall-hugging OFers, animations leading to messed up plays, fielders (and maybe players in general) being too fast leading to too many plays that shouldn't happen (infield hits, mediocre fielders tracking down balls in tough to defend zones, etc)

To me, the biggest change to from 14 to 15 was carryover saves and fielders taking different routes to balls based on ratings.

Otherwise, the same issues seem to present in both - and seem to get brought up every year because they are there.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:36 AM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Bullit, you're post/review was very well written and thought out. Being in my 3rd season though, I'm not sure that I could go back to '14, in fact I know I couldn't. To me, the defense is far better in '15 than it was last year. Sure some of the same issues still exist (of'ers hugging wall) but I feel as though I have more control in making that not happen by simply letting go of the L-Stick when the fielder goes into his animation.

There are things that I preferred in '14 over '15 (no quick access to pitcher/batter analysis during game, no quick view of pitcher stats during game, and the lead offs) but those I can overlook due to the other factors I find superior in this game over last.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 09-19-2015 at 11:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2015, 01:58 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I don't know - I've seen a lot of of the same things talked about in 15 in MLB14 as well.

Wall-hugging OFers, animations leading to messed up plays, fielders (and maybe players in general) being too fast leading to too many plays that shouldn't happen (infield hits, mediocre fielders tracking down balls in tough to defend zones, etc)

To me, the biggest change to from 14 to 15 was carryover saves and fielders taking different routes to balls based on ratings.

Otherwise, the same issues seem to present in both - and seem to get brought up every year because they are there.

You're right actually. These are issues that have existed for a few seasons now and they are issues that need to be rectified or I cannot warrant another purchase of this game for 16. There are simply too many glaring issues in my opinion that honestly make this game one of the most unrealistic sports experiences I've ever played. As it stands, I've removed this game from my PS4 and am going to play basketball until the developers fix these issues or even acknowledge that they are issues because as currently constructed, in my opinion of course, this game simply isn't good and I wouldn't give it more than a 6/10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »