Home

How Deep Would This Team Go in Real Life?

This is a discussion on How Deep Would This Team Go in Real Life? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #1
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

OVR: 0
How Deep Would This Team Go in Real Life?

I stopped playing MLB 15. I finished All Star Break 2 weeks ago. My record is currently the best in the league. I forgot the numbers but it should be 80-9 or something crazy. I do remember having less than 10 losses. It's either 9 or 7. I am not sure.

This is my team:

1B: Ryan Zimmerman
2B: Yunel Escobar
3B: Anthony Rendon
Catcher: Wilson Ramos
CF: Mike Trout
LF: Giancarlo Stanton
RF: Bryce Harper
SS: Ian Desmond
DH: Jayson Werth/Jose Bautista
Pitchers: Kershaw, Scherzer, Zimmerman, Strasburg, Gonzalez.

If this team was real, would they be World Series favorites for consecutive seasons? Would they go deep? The outfield is my dream big 3 and I love playing with them. Mike Trout is the first batter and Giancarlo Stanton is the last. It's the perfect lineup how I have it.

Last edited by Hellquist; 10-05-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 04:03 PM   #2
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Re: How Deep Would This Team Go in Real Life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
I stopped playing MLB 15. I finished All Star Break 2 weeks ago. My record is currently the best in the league. I forgot the numbers but it should be 80-9 or something crazy. I do remember having less than 10 losses. It's either 9 or 7. I am not sure.

This is my team:

1B: Ryan Zimmerman
2B: Yunel Escobar
3B: Anthony Rendon
Catcher: Wilson Ramos
CF: Mike Trout
LF: Giancarlo Stanton
RF: Bryce Harper
SS: Ian Desmond
DH: Jayson Werth/Jose Batista

If this team was real, would they be World Series favorites for consecutive seasons? Would they go deep? The outfield is my dream big 3 and I love playing with them. Mike Trout is the first batter and Giancarlo Stanton is the last. It's the perfect lineup how I have it.

Probably not as well as you would believe that team would be.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:32 PM   #3
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

I don't understand what you are trying to say? Elaborate please. 3 of the best hitters in the game are in the outfield. 2 of the best starting pitchers in the game. How far do you think they would go? Your reply gives me nothing.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:17 PM   #4
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

IRL the sky's the limit.
Then on the other hand if that outfield didn't have chemistry
this team could go real deep, like six feet deep.
#44Syracuse
Old 10-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #5
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

If you have stopped playing is there really any point to this thread besides how you took advantage of a broken trading system and built a mega team.

If this is the way you like to play then more power to you, but I see no entertainment value in this style of play. I would only be happy with a super team if I had built it over several years of development and strategy.

I just finished my 3rd complete season and I have built a great team that won 98 games and made it to The World Series. But a team like this can only be held together for so long before it is no longer cost effective.

As for real life if things happen the way they worked out in real life? Lets take a look

1B: Ryan Zimmerman - .249 out half the year the on DL
2B: Yunel Escobarn - .314 but only 56 RBI 75 runs
3B: Anthony Rendon - .264 25 RBI with 43 runs
Catcher: Wilson Ramos - .229 68 RBI with 41 runs
CF: Mike Trout - .299 90 RBI 41 HR 104 runs
LF: Giancarlo Stanton - .265 67 RBI 27 HR 47 runs out for the season
RF: Bryce Harper - .330 99 RBI 42 HR 118 runs
SS: Ian Desmond - .233 62 RBI 69 runs
DH: Jayson Werth/Jose Batista -.221 42 RBI 51 runs out half the year / . .250 40 HR 108 runs

Pitching is strong but all of them struggled at times thru the year. So depending on when they all struggled it could have been a disaster. See the real Nationals since most of your team are currently there. "Super Team" right there and they couldn't get a wild card.

All told I think you might hit 90 wins if everything went perfect, but that never happens.

Just my two cents.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 08:17 PM   #6
Pro

Hellquist's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
If you have stopped playing is there really any point to this thread besides how you took advantage of a broken trading system and built a mega team.

If this is the way you like to play then more power to you, but I see no entertainment value in this style of play. I would only be happy with a super team if I had built it over several years of development and strategy.

I just finished my 3rd complete season and I have built a great team that won 98 games and made it to The World Series. But a team like this can only be held together for so long before it is no longer cost effective.

As for real life if things happen the way they worked out in real life? Lets take a look

DH: Jayson Werth/Jose Batista -.221 42 RBI 51 runs out half the year / . .250 40 HR 108 runs

Pitching is strong but all of them struggled at times thru the year. So depending on when they all struggled it could have been a disaster. See the real Nationals since most of your team are currently there. "Super Team" right there and they couldn't get a wild card.

All told I think you might hit 90 wins if everything went perfect, but that never happens.

Just my two cents.
Thanks for the response. I don't see this team as a mega team. This is not an All Star team. I kept the original team but added some of my favorite players. I play on Dynamic, so the difficulty goes up. I stopped playing because of NBA 2K16, NBA Live 16, Tony Hawk 5, and other games I can't even remember right now. Those are my priorities now. 90 wins seems plausible, so thank you.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:06 AM   #7
Rookie

Bacong's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit

Just my two cents.
that outfield is worth like 20 WAR if they're healthy, makes up for the infield. Rotation is pretty outstanding. Not sure what the pen looks like but it's a 95 win team easy, 100+ if they get some breaks.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:39 AM   #8
MVP

rjackson's Arena

OVR: 1

Like already said, looks great on paper. Teams don't always live up to their expectations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »