Home

Solid hits question

This is a discussion on Solid hits question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2015, 01:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Solid hits question

I play on legend difficulty with the Cardinals. I didn't play much this summer so I just started my franchise. Through about 20 games I am hitting about .260 which is pretty realistic for the Cardinals but my team ERA is over 7.00. I realize that legend difficulty is challenging but it's kinda crazy that nearly everything the cpu hits is a rocket. The cpu's plate coverage indicator could be low and outside I can throw a pitch up and in and it ends up in the gap or the stands, this wouldn't happen for a user. My question is should I lower the solid hits slider? It is at 4 now for both user and cpu. Also I like the way I'm hitting but if I lower the cpu solid hits without lowering mine it seems like cheating. Thanks for any input or any other suggestions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 02:20 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Solid hits question

What's up PigPen44. What slider settings are u using for your pitcher control & consistency?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2015, 03:17 PM   #3
Rookie

I started with both consistency and control at default and I've also shifted then all the way to the right but it hasn't made much difference for me.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:34 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigpen44
My question is should I lower the solid hits slider? It is at 4 now for both user and cpu. Also I like the way I'm hitting but if I lower the cpu solid hits without lowering mine it seems like cheating. Thanks for any input or any other suggestions.

I feel like users should do what they need to do to get the gameplay they want to see. It's no more "cheating" than what happens at the Legend level for the CPU.

If it would be easier to just lower solid hits and this is the one area that's driving you up a wall, then do it. No sense tinkering with everything else when you've narrowed it down to one issue that's nagging at your experience.

IIRC, I remember reading on here that difficulty level is like a "base" with the sliders moving from 5 as a "modifier".

So Legend Solid Hits @ 4 isn't like All-Star Solid Hits @ 4. The Legend 4 is like an effective 9 or 10 (or more?) perhaps in the internal "raw value" that goes into the calculations.

Raising the pitching sliders lowers the chance they'll get a good read and good timing on your pitches, but doesn't change what happens if they DO get that good read and timing. That's where Solid Hits comes into play.

Then when you consider that Legend probably has a higher chance of getting that good read and timing - quality of contact is going to be the saving grace without introducing things like too many K's, etc. I'm gathering from your post you're fine with most of that, just that they are always get good wood on the ball.

In other words, I'd lower Solid Hits - significantly if I had to, if I liked everything else on Legend except this one aspect.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #5
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Simple answer....legend diff for pitching will never be realistic and will not provide you a rewarding challenge...it will just frustrate you and make you wonder what you did wrong over n over when in reality...you probably done nothing wrong.

I play on legend hitting n hof pitching with sliders that favor user pitching slightly. I recommend adjusting your sliders drastically on legend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youtube
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 08:58 PM   #6
Rookie

I agree with CardinalBird7. I personally do not use Legend difficulty when pitching, I use HoF pitch difficulty.

PS- cardinalbird7, I'm taking it your a Cardinals fan? My brother-in-law is Lance Lynn.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:32 PM   #7
Rookie

Thank you all for your help. I changed my pitch difficulty to HOF and it is working out much better. I still get lit up from time to time but I have great pitching outings as well. Thanks again!!
Old 10-19-2015, 01:42 PM   #8
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

Hey Cardinal, what type of hitting interface do you use? I played a 162 with the Crew this year on default HOF with Directional and Classic(which is my go to), but for the last few weeks ive switched over to my old zone and meter pitching for a fantasy 162 that ill carry over to next year most likely. Just curious on you're control setup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »