Home

MLB 16 The Show WISHLIST

This is a discussion on MLB 16 The Show WISHLIST within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2015, 04:17 PM   #49
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 16 The Show WISHLIST

does anyone know when we start to see some early info for the next release? probably starts up in january i would suspect am i correct?
Old 10-31-2015, 04:54 PM   #50
Pro

dansaint's Arena

OVR: 8

I talked to some guys at Gamestop a couple days ago (when WWE2k16 was released) and asked about MLB 16...they said that usually they get that info in their systems around the holidays...so you might want to ask around then....at least for preorder possibilities.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:48 AM   #51
Rookie

JDiaz1's Arena

All I want is...

-Updated commentary/animations

-Ability to edit the length/style of players' hair/beards, like in NHL 16 (I know there is a 99% chance this won't happen)

-Show the players career stats rather than just the previous 2 or 3 seasons. As well as add more track-able stats (SB, BB, K, etc)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 02:16 PM   #52
MVP

Darkleaf's Arena

OVR: 19

I would like pretty much everything from NBA2k16, options(allow cpu trade!),soundtrack(50+ songs) Relocation, customization, animations,crowds, gm mode, depth, pre game show, weekly updates around the league show on and on.
The team intel, expiring contracts, who they are targeting..etc
The on field stuff is great but the customization and off field is beyond lacking and gasp! stale. And to be honest I thought it would be SCEA making these strides not 2k.

Last edited by Darkleaf; 11-01-2015 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Added something
Old 11-01-2015, 06:45 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycecg
does anyone know when we start to see some early info for the next release? probably starts up in january i would suspect am i correct?
MLB 15 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO57T87WHaQ

Posted December 6th, 2014.

I'm guessing the next game comes out March 29th, 2016.

Last edited by Spokker; 11-01-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:51 PM   #54
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Quit trying to do so much graphically. Obviously having 45,000 perfectly animated PS3 quality fans at all times isn't the best utilization of memory. So maybe the guy in section 503, row 9, seat 105 can be N64 quality if it's going to save system resources for other, more important aspects. I say this because we see that loss of detail with the holes in textures after you select the pitch in 15. We also had the framerate issue in 14. That tells me that the game is stretching the PS4 a little beyond its capabilities.

Don't get me wrong though, the lighting was fantastic in 15, and the game otherwise looked great. I took so many screenshots from being absolutely floored with the graphics.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:09 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 5

I'm not going to rehash what's been said above and what I've posted in separate threads, but I will add that the baserunning/stealing aspect needs a touch up. Currently, it seems WAY too often that the AI pitcher will pick off a runner at first who takes the slightest lead. Even if it's a superb base stealer, which is completely unrealistic. Also, if there is a slow runner on first taking a slight lead, in real life the pitcher would rarely ever care about or concern himself with him, and he would very rarely throw a pitch to first to pull the runner back. In this game, even if the guy has the lowest speed/base stealing stats, the AI pitcher will still try to pick him off, and will usually be successful as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 01:11 PM   #56
Rookie

I'm not asking them to go as far as 2K did with NBA 2K16 because they'd have to make extreme strides over the course of the year. However, gameplay has gotten unbelievably stale and graphic improvements won't cut it anymore. They're good enough. I keep buying it year after year. Here's what I want:

1) World Baseball Classic mode. If NHL and NBA can fit teams from other countries on their games, the least The Show can do is make one team for each country. Don't even bother with getting rights to the players' names; have them randomized, and then someone will undoubtedly customize them down the road.

What I'd absolutely love to do is play the Royals vs. the Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks or play an ABL season, but alas, I don't see that as realistic right now. WBC mode should be.

2) Actual home and away jerseys for All Star Games. Seriously, how hasn't this been done yet? Using the token Home Run Derby and batting practice jerseys for the All Star Game doesn't exist, and has been in baseball games for 20+ years. Such a basic, cosmetic fix.

3) RTTS changes. Like the first one, why can't I play RTTS and become a 300 game winning starter and then later in my career convert to being a closer? The fact that positions remain static becomes so boring and is frankly ridiculous because a lot of players do it in their careers. And to expand the RTTS mode, see #4...

4) Expanded minors. You can fit more data on a PS4 game. Go the whole nine yards and extend gameplay beyond AAA and AA. What I could give to play as my local Fort Wayne TinCaps. Maybe add a couple of acclaimed minor league parks as well. And with that, expand the draft beyond seven rounds.

5) Classic teams/stadiums. Like #1, you can totally randomize this and not worry about player rights if that's an issue and someone will customize the rosters. I know some folks create classic rosters, but there's something wrong with playing as the 1986 Mets in Citi Field. Or the '96 Mariners in Safeco Field.

6) Create stadiums/customize jerseys. I can't be the Atlanta Braves in franchise mode because I know they won't be in Turner Field in a couple years and that really bothers me. It's hard for me to go deep into franchise because there's absolutely no cosmetic changes outside of rosters. I'm not asking for full-blown relocation; that's such an innovative move by 2K that I don't believe it's realistic right away. Just the ability to shake things up. I'd love to give Oakland a new stadium. And make it political, too; at least follow 2K's footsteps in that regard.

I don't think it's unfair to expect SCEA to follow through on some of these. We've gotten virtually the same interface since I began playing the game in 2010 as all of the other games around it have gotten better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »