Home

What's the fastest pitch speed a RTTS player can possibly throw in this game?

This is a discussion on What's the fastest pitch speed a RTTS player can possibly throw in this game? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2015, 08:06 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
What's the fastest pitch speed a RTTS player can possibly throw in this game?

I made a starting pitcher maxed at 99 velocity on his 4 seam fastball and I've been able to hit 101 in games but I'm just wondering if I'd ever be able to reach Aroldis Chapman 106 mph levels.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 10:07 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: What's the fastest pitch speed a RTTS player can possibly throw in this game?

I've never seen 106, but I've hit as high as 102.

I don't think 106 is possible. Max "base" speed is 99. Up in the zone adds a few more MPH. If max effort added velocity, then up + max effort could come close, but on fastballs, I don't see max effort adding velocity on 99 velocity pitchers.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #3
MVP

Syce's Arena

Re: What's the fastest pitch speed a RTTS player can possibly throw in this game?

ive only ever seen 102. chapman, i have only seen a max of 102. Im willing to bet 102 is the highest you can go.
Old 10-18-2015, 09:55 PM   #4
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

If you play at Coors it may go up to 103 mph when you throw high in the zone with max velocity. IRL playing there does not affect the exit speed, but the pitch accelerates faster thus getting to the plate faster. I think on the game they increase the MPH by a pct or two.

102 is the highest I have seen though.

Youtube
Old 10-23-2015, 06:37 PM   #5
Pro

Okay, thanks guys.

Seems strange that they'd cap even Chapman at 102 considering his 50th fastest pitch this season was faster than that and he's managed to hit 104 according to mlb.com
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2015, 10:34 PM   #6
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
Okay, thanks guys.

Seems strange that they'd cap even Chapman at 102 considering his 50th fastest pitch this season was faster than that and he's managed to hit 104 according to mlb.com
Yeah they probably are going by average top speed. Very rare they go past 100-102.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #7
MVP

Syce's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaFFiTh
Yeah they probably are going by average top speed. Very rare they go past 100-102.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
yup exactly, Chapman is the only guy who can manage to pretty much consistantly hit higher, there was a guy i think from the white sox this year who hit 103 or 104 but all flame throwers other than chapman usually hit the 98-101 marks and never really get any higher.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:33 AM   #8
Banned

I've seen 102 as the fastest as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »