Home

Sick of HR's

This is a discussion on Sick of HR's within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2015, 03:18 PM   #9
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Sick of HR's

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
There wouldnt be stats to provide if it is a general statement. I stated what level I play on, what sliders I use, and what roster. The 200 games are over various franchises that I have given up on and therefore removed from existance. My newest franchise is only 15 games deep currently and are holding true (close to) to real life stats. Which I am happy with.

However, to elaberate on what I am refering to, or after considering what is happening. The HR/9 attribute should be considered more in played games instead of just sim games and I will leave it at that since I can not provide these stats you are looking for.
Idk what level of baseball youve played or what youre overall understanding of the game is, but im not gonna teach you how to pitch or hit in certain situations with certain hitters in certain counts in this game. I could write a college research paper just based on this game alone. My advice is simply this, because ive been in your spot before, find a difficulty/slider set that lets you have fun and stop trying to find a slider set that will give you a 90% statistical representation of the MLB. Its not worth it. Id like to know what your hitting and pitching interfaces are, what you're excelling at, and what you're struggling at. My ovr on this site may be a 0, but I guarantee ive played more games than 99% of people here over the last 2 years on all the different interfaces. The most important thing is that you realize youre going to have to make some sacrifices statistically in order to have fun and not get frustrated.
Old 10-19-2015, 03:38 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 20

Quote:
There wouldnt be stats to provide if it is a general statement.
I think what people mean by "provide stats" is something like "such and such has 68 home runs and it's only August" or something. You have given no indication of what you even mean by "too many."

"Too many" like 44 HRs through 19 games, or "too many" like 19 HRs through 19 games? Need some kind of context here.

Last edited by NEOPARADIGM; 10-19-2015 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:35 AM   #11
MVP

Syce's Arena

OVR: 0

I myself plays on all star with armor and swords slider set. and my Reds Franchise, im 3 days away from trade deadline(end of July) and right now Todd Frazier has the most home runs with 29 so far. so i personally think armor and swords slider set is better even
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2015, 10:10 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

There was a thread like this in the summer.

I'm 125 games in on default All-Star. I'm dead last in the league in homers hit and first in fewest homers allowed. I'm the Braves, so I'm power-challenged but have a pretty decent pitching staff, so I'm good with the results I'm getting.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:14 PM   #13
Rookie

mfreder2's Arena

OVR: 2

Play with dynamic difficulty. I go games without hitting or seeing a homerun. And some games I'll hit 3. I think they've done a fantastic job with that option of keeping me challenged but without frustrating me.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:51 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
There wouldnt be stats to provide if it is a general statement. I stated what level I play on, what sliders I use, and what roster. The 200 games are over various franchises that I have given up on and therefore removed from existance. My newest franchise is only 15 games deep currently and are holding true (close to) to real life stats. Which I am happy with.
200 games is just over a season and we know that, even after a full season, there can still be statistical anomolies/outliers. Brady Anderson hitting 50 HR for example.

Likewise, 15 games is a very small sample.

Quote:
However, to elaberate on what I am refering to, or after considering what is happening. The HR/9 attribute should be considered more in played games instead of just sim games and I will leave it at that since I can not provide these stats you are looking for.
This I'll agree with. I don't know the reasoning for that decision to make HR/9 a sim-only attribute, but I wish it would change, even if to the point where only significantly "low" and "high" rating values have big differences. Or, better yet, drop it for a G/F tendency and leave HR or not to: a) was it a fly ball and b) how hard and what trajectory was it hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
My advice is simply this, because ive been in your spot before, find a difficulty/slider set that lets you have fun and stop trying to find a slider set that will give you a 90% statistical representation of the MLB. Its not worth it. Id like to know what your hitting and pitching interfaces are, what you're excelling at, and what you're stru games than 99% of people here over the last 2 years on all the different interfaces. The most important thing is that you realize youre going to have to make some sacrifices statistically in order to have fun and not get frustrated.

I agree with this too. The engine is not designed for such accuracy. There's too much not there and too much pure RNG. I've come to terms with my slugging Yelich, Billy Hamilton the 20 HR threat, and ground ball hitting Chris Davis.

As long as it's "close enough" and the ratings are expressing differences in player profiles/skills/abilities, I'm cool with it. After that, I'll just chalk it up to "that's MLB15".
Old 10-21-2015, 07:23 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 24

What are your offensive sliders? Contact, Timing, Solid Hits, Power?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 03:55 PM   #16
Rookie

bobloblah1980's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I've come to terms with my slugging Yelich, Billy Hamilton the 20 HR threat, and ground ball hitting Chris Davis.

As long as it's "close enough" and the ratings are expressing differences in player profiles/skills/abilities, I'm cool with it. After that, I'll just chalk it up to "that's MLB15".
Same Here. I use a set that is based on A&S just with the base stealing turned down to zero as it is way too easy to steal IMHO. but anyways 2024 of a pirates franchise .. Ben Freakin Revere hitting 3rd on a team ( I forget which one)with 32 hr's at the end of the season because he had 99 contact on both lefty's and righty's ..lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »