Home

Pure Analog Stride 16

This is a discussion on Pure Analog Stride 16 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 03:44 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Pure Analog Stride 16

For the love of God Sony please bring back Stride with Pure Analog. I don't want to spend another year having 6 guys on my team hitting 40 home runs but then again i was playing the the Jays so thats not so far fetched. Hitting with a simple flick left or right for contact seems so cheap or half flick up for normal hitting takes away the fun of a challenging game. This is baseball!!...its suppose to be flipping hard to hit. I mean how am i suppose to check my swing with a flick to the right of left. Just please bring back the stride for 16..thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-18-2015, 07:58 PM   #2
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

Re: Pure Analog Stride 16

The philosophy of a power swing is kind of iffy, maybe they could incorporate holding down R1 for a power swing to go with analog and bring back the stride
Old 11-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
The philosophy of a power swing is kind of iffy, maybe they could incorporate holding down R1 for a power swing to go with analog and bring back the stride
As oppose to pressing the square button of past?..That could be a good idea..more real time with holding down R1 just before you stride. In a split second you feel a meat ball is comming down the middle simply hold on R1 and stride.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:19 PM   #4
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

Well playing real baseball when u walk up to t plate depending on situation and pitcher people already have an idea of wether or not They're gonna try and smash one far, hence why it would make more sense to have someone hold down R1 as opposed to tapping it on on fly when a meatball comes,
Old 11-19-2015, 06:14 PM   #5
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

I want it to come back. Just press left or right for a slap hit and bring the analog stride back. I plan on taking next year off and keeping 15 for another season. If they brought back the full swing I would totally jump on 16. That's how much I like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2015, 04:55 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
Well playing real baseball when u walk up to t plate depending on situation and pitcher people already have an idea of wether or not They're gonna try and smash one far, hence why it would make more sense to have someone hold down R1 as opposed to tapping it on on fly when a meatball comes,
Hmmm could be a little wrong there buddy..yes playing real baseball you might have an idea of how a pitcher might work you, if you've picked up a pattern first and second at bat. But pitchers are human..they can mislocate or leave a flat curve over the plate..this is where ur eyes light up and instead of taking it the other way or try to move a runner along you adjust and try to yank that sucker over the fence. That should be your approach at the plate not try and guess all the time.
Old 11-27-2015, 03:53 AM   #7
Pro

Stolm's Arena

I do miss the stride. Kinda wondering how it would feel with the less moveable space on the DS4 Analogs though.

Pulling back and running into the "plastic wall" before you swing might feel terrible.

I would like to have the option back though. I never played anything but Zone + Analog up until they removed the stride.
Old 11-27-2015, 04:54 AM   #8
Banned

I feel they just dumb the game down a bit by removing the stride. I just hope that wasn't a plan to make the game easier cause a few cry babies complained the game was too hard. Please don't pull an EA on us Sony
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »