Home

Scripted Innings!

This is a discussion on Scripted Innings! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 05:57 PM   #73
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Scripted Innings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
I've asked this question in every single one of these threads, and for some reason, never get an answer.

If there are in fact scripted innings what is the trigger? There has to be one. What is the common factor in every single game that has had a scripted inning? Does every game have a scripted inning?

I'm curious to know.
I actually spent a lot of time this year looking for these types of things because this topic constantly comes up. The only thing that stands out to me and has for a while are that errors tend to gravitate towards the late innings, especially 7th, 8th and 9th. I know they are generated by dice rolls and sometimes they would lead to the floodgates opening.

In theory if this game was scripted we should always lose because that triggered event should always cause us to fail.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:10 PM   #74
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
This is why Owl's challenge would prove so informative if anyone would ever take him up on it. But even then we'd just have people complaining that challenges behave differently from the normal game when they get wildly varying results.

It's truly never-ending.
still waiting on someone to challenge me for 2nd straight year
Old 12-29-2015, 07:00 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 0

Let me say this: In my 10 years of playing the show, never once did I get back-to-back games where the CPU scored in the same innings. Just like real baseball however, if you don't mix up your pitches, you'll get killed. You say you give up a lot of hits on 02 counts? Then make them chase, they can't hit what's not down the middle. Perhaps you forget how real the game is, and just start throwing anything, without thinking about the strategy. If anything is scripted, it's these posts every year. Sometimes during an at bat, you need to regroup and take stock.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2015, 11:36 AM   #76
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
What is the challenge, exactly?

I'm interested in trying it. I want to either silence the believers or non-believers, and put an end to these threads myself or let them live on haha.

It sounds like what you're saying is repeat an inning over and over (from a save, maybe) and report the results, possibly more particularly a defensive inning where you gave up several runs at one point (in which case we'll have to save the game beforehand in the instance that that happens, which is probably what takes the longest). If so, consider me intrigued...
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-29-2015, 01:44 PM   #77
Pro

I don't know know if there is any scripting going on or not, I'm just hoping the developers wouldn't degrade a AAA game with something so 80's.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:05 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What is the challenge, exactly?

I'm interested in trying it. I want to either silence the believers or non-believers, and put an end to these threads myself or let them live on haha.

It sounds like what you're saying is repeat an inning over and over (from a save, maybe) and report the results, possibly more particularly a defensive inning where you gave up several runs at one point (in which case we'll have to save the game beforehand in the instance that that happens, which is probably what takes the longest). If so, consider me intrigued...
Community Challenges allow you to replay an exact customized scenario multiple times. So you could set up a late-game situation (including adjusting pitcher energy and confidence, I believe), and see how it plays out each time.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:18 PM   #79
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

Not too sure what's all been said about the comeback code but after playng a delerious amount of this series there is one thing that DOES in fact happen very very often, if you score 3 runs or more in one half inning the opposing team will almost always score one run back. The game will cause errors, or have a non home run threat take u over the wall. This is with quick counts however.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:20 PM   #80
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
What is the challenge?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »