Home

Scripted Innings!

This is a discussion on Scripted Innings! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 10:14 PM   #57
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Scripted Innings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You could not be more wrong. I assure you they are as or more knowledgeable as anyone out there, yourself included.
Now hey, not that this is a part of the topic, argument or conversation at all, but now you're insulting the OS audience lol. I think it's just fair to say that the devs are at least baseball fans, have a reasonable amount of cred to make strategic decisions, and have the technical expertise to merit their job positions.

Back on topic, before "scripted innings" sounded different from "comeback code," but this thread has suddenly gone down that path, something that in the past has kind of been a no-no kind of thread on OS.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-27-2015, 03:49 AM   #58
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Now hey, not that this is a part of the topic, argument or conversation at all, but now you're insulting the OS audience lol. I think it's just fair to say that the devs are at least baseball fans, have a reasonable amount of cred to make strategic decisions, and have the technical expertise to merit their job positions.

Back on topic, before "scripted innings" sounded different from "comeback code," but this thread has suddenly gone down that path, something that in the past has kind of been a no-no kind of thread on OS.
Bunch of ex college players on that dev team. The notion they are programmers and haven't played or don't understand the game is patently false.
Old 12-27-2015, 04:07 AM   #59
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Bunch of ex college players on that dev team. The notion they are programmers and haven't played or don't understand the game is patently false.
I never said that. That's not even close to what I said.

I said you're undermining a lot of OS'ers by saying everybody on that team knows a lot more about baseball than anybody on OS and it is fact. Obviously I'm stretching the words and tone a bit, but that was kind of the claim as it appears. If you didn't say that, then we should just let it be.

For the record, we all know a lot of MLB players that seem to know squat about their own sport, lol.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 12-27-2015, 11:05 AM   #60
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I never said that. That's not even close to what I said.

I said you're undermining a lot of OS'ers by saying everybody on that team knows a lot more about baseball than anybody on OS and it is fact. Obviously I'm stretching the words and tone a bit, but that was kind of the claim as it appears. If you didn't say that, then we should just let it be.

For the record, we all know a lot of MLB players that seem to know squat about their own sport, lol.

Blz.....he didn't say that....he said they know as much if not more.
(and I'm sure he meant it mostly by how much they played the game at a certain level)

I'd say that's a fair assessment.

I don't think there are many minor league or MLB level players here on O.S.

.....and I also doubt that bk meant to lower the level of O.S. as much as to further assert that the dev team doesn't know the game from a playing aspect is absurd.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #61
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I'll just go with you being wrong on your precursor point....that you're just wrong entirely.

Both Senior programmers played at the Collegiate level for major college teams.(College World Series level schools).
I'm sure others at SCEA also played at least at the college level.

M.K.
Knight165
All I can say to that is if in fact they did play college baseball then I am even more disappointed in the game, because this game plays as if they have zero knowledge of the ins and outs of baseball.

It is what it is though. I have owned every show game since 09 and there are always glaring holes in it that I guess will never be fixed. Time to put that $60 towards something else this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2015, 11:36 AM   #62

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

PBU's have an uncanny ability to come and scream "Hey! I'm a previously banned user!!!"
Old 12-27-2015, 11:58 AM   #63
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
Im sorry but yeah it is and the reason people dont want to bring it up is because its been a polarizing topic. Those that do bring it up get ridiculed for it and they shouldnt because it does exist. It happens on all sports games on all current gen platforms. Im standing my ground on this one as an avid player of all sports games on all platforms for years and years. This is an issue that started negatively affecting, not just MLB, but all sports games since the move from the last generation of consoles. I wont respond to anything else because I dont want to get banned, but Im going to stand up for myself and everyone else whom feels the same I do about this because they are not crazy or stupid.
I've played sports games since, somewhere around 1987, and have never noticed anything like what you're talking about. What would a dev team, or game maker have to gain by making a comeback code, or scripting innings/games. It exists in your opinion, but that fact is that it doesn't exist in reality.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 12-27-2015, 02:17 PM   #64
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers21325
What would a dev team, or game maker have to gain by making a comeback code, or scripting innings/games.
To be fair, comeback code did exist back in the arcade days, when games like NBA Jam depended on gamers sinking quarter after quarter into the coin slot. Nowadays? Not so much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »