Home

Any chance the game will release in early March?

This is a discussion on Any chance the game will release in early March? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 08:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any chance the game will release in early March?

I was just wondering if SCEA is ever going to the release the game in early March again like they used to? It would only make sense to go back to that schedule because by the time the game drops...spring training is pretty much over and the regular season is only a week away. This makes most people skip spring training and go directly to opening day in franchise. With the price that we pay for the game, it would be nice if it would drop around the start of spring training. Basically by the time the game drops now, the season is in essence 1/7 of the way over. Maybe they should charge us 1/7 less on the price of the game? Just my 2 cents. Maybe if we have a big enough push from people, they will consider releasing the game in late Feb. or at best early March. Anyone else agree??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2016, 08:59 PM   #2
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Any chance the game will release in early March?

I believe the MLB is actually the one asking for the release of baseball games to coincide with the start of the regular season.

I thought I saw that somewhere.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-10-2016, 09:00 PM   #3
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7

I like it how it is. Was glad when Madden moved to end of August and wish NCAA had taken its place in Early/Mid August from Early/Mid July.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:01 PM   #4
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeschafer_1
I was just wondering if SCEA is ever going to the release the game in early March again like they used to? It would only make sense to go back to that schedule because by the time the game drops...spring training is pretty much over and the regular season is only a week away. This makes most people skip spring training and go directly to opening day in franchise. With the price that we pay for the game, it would be nice if it would drop around the start of spring training. Basically by the time the game drops now, the season is in essence 1/7 of the way over. Maybe they should charge us 1/7 less on the price of the game? Just my 2 cents. Maybe if we have a big enough push from people, they will consider releasing the game in late Feb. or at best early March. Anyone else agree??
MOM and POP shops may get it a little earlier like around the 23rd of March perhaps.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Hopefully someone like Russell will read this and give some insight on why it is now released at the end of March. It just seems weird how the game was always released early and for the past 2 years now, it releases at the end of spring training. I miss those days of early release. It made the game just a tad more enjoyable and real-life like in my opinion. It also gave the roster makers more time as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2016, 09:07 PM   #6
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Hopefully someone like Russell will read this and give some insight on why it is now released at the end of March. It just seems weird how the game was always released early and for the past 2 years now, it releases at the end of spring training. I miss those days of early release. It made the game just a tad more enjoyable and real-life like in my opinion. It also gave the roster makers more time as well.
Releasing the game at the end of March also gives Sony extra time to complete the game.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:09 PM   #7
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
They have said before, and it was already answered in this thread, MLB is the one that wants it released closer to the begging of the season.
Old 03-10-2016, 09:12 PM   #8
Rookie

Ruffychu's Arena

Last year was same release date? And as mentioned before... Call some local mom and pop shops weekend before release. Our Walmart had it out the weekend before release but already had pre order at bestbuy plus gamers club 20% off

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »