Home

A Injury that I hope changes in the future

This is a discussion on A Injury that I hope changes in the future within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-01-2016, 01:49 PM   #1
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
A Injury that I hope changes in the future

Its not so much the injury that needs changed, but how it happened needs to.

MoM my Indians game. Top of the 2nd, 1 out. McAllister allows a lead off fly to RF. Out, no biggie. Walks the next guy..... Message pops up: McAllister is holding his head after a ball hit him. Looks like he could miss some time with a concussion. So I am like wtf? When did he ever get a ball near him to get this concussion? So I play out the rest of the game and after the end, McAllister is out for the season with a head fracture.

Ive played all these games, and seen pitchers hit 3 or more times a game and only once has a pitcher gone out after being hit. Ball doesnt touch the pitcher all game, not even any come backs, and he is out with a fractured head........ Just wanted to share

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2016, 06:54 PM   #2
MVP

Re: A Injury that I hope changes in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
Its not so much the injury that needs changed, but how it happened needs to.

MoM my Indians game. Top of the 2nd, 1 out. McAllister allows a lead off fly to RF. Out, no biggie. Walks the next guy..... Message pops up: McAllister is holding his head after a ball hit him. Looks like he could miss some time with a concussion. So I am like wtf? When did he ever get a ball near him to get this concussion? So I play out the rest of the game and after the end, McAllister is out for the season with a head fracture.

Ive played all these games, and seen pitchers hit 3 or more times a game and only once has a pitcher gone out after being hit. Ball doesnt touch the pitcher all game, not even any come backs, and he is out with a fractured head........ Just wanted to share
What the devs would love to have is a video. I've played over 200 games in manage mode and haven't seen this. Usually a player either gets hit with the ball, slides as a base runner or dives for a ball as a fielder.

I assiduously avoid cheating but that is one instance where I would restart the game because it is clearly a glitch.
Old 01-01-2016, 07:20 PM   #3
MVP

forme95's Arena

Its the first time I have seen it also. I'm at the end of May in my 2 team franchise. So I'm 85-87 games in. That's why I wanted to share it. I just chalked it up as off the wall. I was down 4-0. I thought about restarting, but since I was losing, I just kept playing. I didn't even think about saving it. I probably should have.
Hey tessl, who's sliders are you using, and how is your games going?

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Old 01-01-2016, 07:44 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Its the first time I have seen it also. I'm at the end of May in my 2 team franchise. So I'm 85-87 games in. That's why I wanted to share it. I just chalked it up as off the wall. I was down 4-0. I thought about restarting, but since I was losing, I just kept playing. I didn't even think about saving it. I probably should have.
Hey tessl, who's sliders are you using, and how is your games going?

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk
In the show 15 I use default sliders. I've heard complaints from simmers about progression being messed up years into the future but I don't sim unless I'm eliminated from the playoffs and then I sim the final few games to get to the off season.

I also use strict self imposed trade restrictions which make it challenging and I always start with a low budget team. For the the 15 version is the best year by far. If gameplay for 16 is the same I'll be very happy.

I used to always use the Pirates but they are no longer a challenge. I used the Braves in 15 but with the addition of Shibe Park I'll probably switch to the Phillies.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:00 AM   #5
MVP

forme95's Arena

I forgot to say in the first post, my Injury is at 7. I found it to be a good #. Like I said, Ive always managed my games, and that was the first time I saw that. It was just weird.

I use the Braves and the Indians. Im trying to play every game. I dont like simming. So I dont sim any of my games.

Im really trying to grind this out before 16 comes out. This years is great imo, and Im excited to see what next years brings to the table.

Default huh, hhmmm. I have a mix of Nomos and A&S sliders. For trades, Im trying to follow real Indians and Braves trades, but if I am in the hunt, or a player who was traded away is doing well, I will probably pass on the RL trade. Atlanta did a lot of for pitcher trades, so I am going to steer away from that. Its still early, but I havent seen any strange/dumb trades between the cpu teams. Im picky when it comes to trades. I try to keep it realistic, meaning Im not going to load my pitching staff with all aces, or all top tier hitters and so forth.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
MVP

Quote:
I forgot to say in the first post, my Injury is at 7. I found it to be a good #. Like I said, Ive always managed my games, and that was the first time I saw that. It was just weird.

I use the Braves and the Indians. Im trying to play every game. I dont like simming. So I dont sim any of my games.

Im really trying to grind this out before 16 comes out. This years is great imo, and Im excited to see what next years brings to the table.

Default huh, hhmmm. I have a mix of Nomos and A&S sliders. For trades, Im trying to follow real Indians and Braves trades, but if I am in the hunt, or a player who was traded away is doing well, I will probably pass on the RL trade. Atlanta did a lot of for pitcher trades, so I am going to steer away from that. Its still early, but I havent seen any strange/dumb trades between the cpu teams. Im picky when it comes to trades. I try to keep it realistic, meaning Im not going to load my pitching staff with all aces, or all top tier hitters and so forth.
Injuries at 7 could be why it happened. The game plays great for me on default.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »