Home

Craziest injury you've seen in the Show

This is a discussion on Craziest injury you've seen in the Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #9
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Craziest injury you've seen in the Show

Also, in RTTS, not crazy but kind of annoying: my RTTS pitcher blew out his elbow early on and missed the rest of the season and almost all of the next season (he came back in the middle of the postseason and was added to the roster). Then a season after his return, he blows out his knee and misses the entire season. I ended up turning injuries off.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:21 AM   #10
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliDegu2008
Wow, that's crazy!
That may have been the craziest injury I've seen in the show, but it still doesn't take the cake as the craziest injury I've seen in a sports game.

Back during one of the final nhl2k games, I was simming between games and a message came up that Anton Volchenkov had injured his back opening his garage door and was out for 3 months.

I thought: I'm paying this guy millions of dollars. How does he not have a garage door opener?
Old 01-04-2016, 02:22 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
That may have been the craziest injury I've seen in the show, but it still doesn't take the cake as the craziest injury I've seen in a sports game.

Back during one of the final nhl2k games, I was simming between games and a message came up that Anton Volchenkov had injured his back opening his garage door and was out for 3 months.

I thought: I'm paying this guy millions of dollars. How does he not have a garage door opener?
What?!?!?! That's awesome! Bad for you but an awesome story.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2016, 02:23 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswithbats
Also, in RTTS, not crazy but kind of annoying: my RTTS pitcher blew out his elbow early on and missed the rest of the season and almost all of the next season (he came back in the middle of the postseason and was added to the roster). Then a season after his return, he blows out his knee and misses the entire season. I ended up turning injuries off.
Wow, talk about injury prone.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #13
Rookie

sabastiane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind

The Show should have random injuries like this because in real life there have been some random injuries like this. I remember in the past guys getting hurt because they cut their finger with a knife or punching a wall.
Actually if you google weirdest baseball injuries there are a lot of articles that give great examples.
Los Angeles Dodgers
Oregon Ducks
Arsenal

Last edited by sabastiane; 01-04-2016 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Addition to post
Old 01-04-2016, 04:34 PM   #14
MVP

Since it's just for fun, IRL Jim Palmer swallowed his chew one day when a batter hit a line drive at him and he had to leave the game.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:49 PM   #15
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabastiane
The Show should have random injuries like this because in real life there have been some random injuries like this. I remember in the past guys getting hurt because they cut their finger with a knife or punching a wall.
Actually if you google weirdest baseball injuries there are a lot of articles that give great examples.
OOTP has some off the wall injuries, if the Show is thinking of mixing it up a little bit... I seem to recall one of my guys running afoul of a girlfriend and ending up in the hospital. I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember wondering, "They were allowed to put that in there?!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2016, 09:30 PM   #16
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Can't remember the year, I was to say it was MLB 12. Can't remember the pitcher either, it was some long forgotten relief pitcher. But he was cruising along just fine, and just randomly, the injury box pops up after a pitch and says he has a concussion. Wasn't hit by a pitch at any point or anything.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist

Last edited by bronxbombers21325; 01-04-2016 at 09:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »