Home

Craziest injury you've seen in the Show

This is a discussion on Craziest injury you've seen in the Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2016, 07:38 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Craziest injury you've seen in the Show

Just for fun.

What was the craziest injury you've experienced or have seen in the Show? It could be in any version of the game.

So far for me it was back in MLB the Show 10 when Mariano Rivera suffered a fractured skull and had to retire. I still remember seeing it on the injury screen. Crazy.

Forgive me if there is another post like this, I searched but did not immediately come up with anything.

Last edited by OliDegu2008; 01-03-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2016, 08:27 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Craziest injury you've seen in the Show

MLB 13 The Show with injuries enabled (of course) ... Clayton Kershaw is hit in the temple after the batter smacks a hard line drive right at him after a pitch. Kershaw then fields the ball and throws the batter out at first followed by Kershaw falling to the ground and laying as if he was dead on his back (different cut scene of course from the animation where he fielded the ball for the out). Kershaw is then taken out of the game and placed on the 15-day DL. I've seen plenty of pitchers hit in the game, but this one was different in how Kershaw lay lifeless on the ground on his back. :O

Last edited by My993C2; 01-03-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #3
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0

I just posted one a few days ago. My starting pitcher was about 2 innings in and had a routine fly to right for the fist out. Second batter up, walks him on four pitches..... next batter up, I get a message that after my pitcher took a ball to the head, he will be out with a possible concussion. After the game, he is out 6+ months with a head fracture.

Franchise SIM is dead. Find your favorite iterations and play it forever. Card games are whats "now" and games will cater in that direction and forget realism.

Just have fun and play :)
Old 01-03-2016, 10:51 AM   #4
MVP

jct32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by forme95
I just posted one a few days ago. My starting pitcher was about 2 innings in and had a routine fly to right for the fist out. Second batter up, walks him on four pitches..... next batter up, I get a message that after my pitcher took a ball to the head, he will be out with a possible concussion. After the game, he is out 6+ months with a head fracture.
I had this happen to my pitcher in RTTS.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:57 AM   #5
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

I've made a post about this one before, but mine is Mike Moustakas in 12. Made a big trade to get him as my 3rd baseman of the future. Practically no depth behind him.

It's a regular grounder to third, Moustakas picks it up and makes the throw. There is no cutscene or anything. We get to the end of the play and the injury screen comes up, saying that he has a discomfort in his throwing arm and he needs to be taken out of the game. OK, no big deal. At the end of the game the message comes up that he has a torn bicep and is out for 8 months. OK, that is a big deal, but I figure he'll be back sometime during next year's spring training, so I'm still covered for the long run.

Get to the end of the year: Mike Moustakas retires due to injury. Son of a...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2016, 01:39 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I've made a post about this one before, but mine is Mike Moustakas in 12. Made a big trade to get him as my 3rd baseman of the future. Practically no depth behind him.

It's a regular grounder to third, Moustakas picks it up and makes the throw. There is no cutscene or anything. We get to the end of the play and the injury screen comes up, saying that he has a discomfort in his throwing arm and he needs to be taken out of the game. OK, no big deal. At the end of the game the message comes up that he has a torn bicep and is out for 8 months. OK, that is a big deal, but I figure he'll be back sometime during next year's spring training, so I'm still covered for the long run.

Get to the end of the year: Mike Moustakas retires due to injury. Son of a...
Wow, that's crazy!
Old 01-03-2016, 05:20 PM   #7
Pro

Ballgame59's Arena

I wouldn't say 'craziest' injuries but we had some strange occurrences due to injuries.
In our connected franchise, we played four, 40 game seasons. In our 1st season, Trout went out for the season with a knee injury. Retired in the off season. Addison Russell went out in the first or second season with a broken wrist - retired at the end of the season. Arrieta - tore labrum (or something like that) - yep....retired. I can understand an older player having to retire from an injury but not so many young players. We all love the realism but it did make the game less fun for those owners. I had Kazmir who broke his forearm on a pick off attempt to first in my first game in the final season.

Last edited by Ballgame59; 01-03-2016 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:55 PM   #8
Rookie

catswithbats's Arena

One time in MLB the Show 11 in Franchise, my closer got hit on the top of the skull/forehead area with a comebacker and went on the 60 day DL with a fractured skull. Once I was finished with the season I checked retirements to find out that my closer had to retire because of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »