Home

RTTS playing difficulty question

This is a discussion on RTTS playing difficulty question within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2016, 08:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
RTTS playing difficulty question

Ok, so over the past 2 seasons I played veteran level. Each season i hit about .330 had 35 hrs then 47 with 108 and 118 RBI. Started the 3rd season and i switched to All-star. My avg is .322 but my HRs and RBI are way down, 6 and 23 RBI (72 games played). On vet I really only used X to swing and I've been doing the same thing on AS. Do you need to use ■ on AS to hit homeruns? I've got 21 doubles so I do hit for some power, but the dingers are way down.

Any advice?

Also I use zone hitting.

Last edited by Cito2009; 01-13-2016 at 08:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2016, 08:10 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: RTTS playing difficulty question

What level are you at in your career? AA, AAA, or MLB? Guessing it's probably MLB if you're 3 seasons in, but just want to make sure before I can tell you what's going on.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:12 PM   #3
Rookie

Yes in MLB
Old 01-13-2016, 08:28 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Yeah, that's what I figured. So, in RTTS this game moves the difficulty internally each time you move up in the minors, and then to the majors. It actually starts 1 level below the level you have selected in AA, moves to your true level selected on AAA, and moves 1 level above that once you reach MLB. I imagine it's done that way to make it easier for new people and casual gamers to blast through the minors, and then find MLB to be a true challenge. But it's kinda off-putting for those of us who want a steady prgression through our career.

This is developer-confirmed, I could go back and find the quotes and evidence but several other longtime members of this board are also well aware that this is how it works by now.

Basically, if you've been playing on the selected Veteran difficulty you were actually on Rookie for your AA stint, then on Vet for AAA (which may not have been all that challenging due to all the training points you probably got on AA), and then to All-Star when you reached MLB. Now, since you moved the difficulty up to All-Star it went one level higher than that - Hall of Fame. That's what you're on now.

Speaking from experience since it's my level I always hit on....HOF is tough. You don't HAVE to use square to hit HR's, but it does require a lot more analog movement in zone hitting to make solid contact. It is definitely hard to maintain consistent power numbers there. You can still maintain a solid average with good luck on balls in play, but the power #'s aren't going to be there if the difficulty is too much for you.

Personally I'd recommend dropping back to Veteran - which is actually All-Star at the MLB Level - and seeing if that helps, now that you know what's going on behind the scenes. If you're still tearing it up go back to AS, but just be aware of what you're getting yourself into.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:34 PM   #5
Rookie

No, those are my stats for my first 2 full seasons in mlb. Minors I blew through not talking about those.

Oh, AS is default mlb? Set on veteran? OK that makes more sense.. so I'm actually playing AS on veteran...

Last edited by Cito2009; 01-13-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2016, 09:49 PM   #6
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Yes, difficulty is one below in AA, set in AAA, and one above in MLB - has been this way since '13. This does not apply to Dynamic difficulty. Same if you're playing Ex/Fran/Season using Player Lock in '14, don't know if they fixed that in '15.
Old 01-16-2016, 02:37 PM   #7
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Unless, I believe, you are using Dynamic Difficulty. Then what ever the difficulty is, that is the level that you are playing.

ex. With just setting it to VET: AA = rookie
Dynamic Difficulty VET : AA= VET

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:28 PM   #8
MVP

MatrixTN's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Unless, I believe, you are using Dynamic Difficulty. Then what ever the difficulty is, that is the level that you are playing.

ex. With just setting it to VET: AA = rookie
Dynamic Difficulty VET : AA= VET
Beat you to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatrixTN
Yes, difficulty is one below in AA, set in AAA, and one above in MLB - has been this way since '13. This does not apply to Dynamic difficulty. Same if you're playing Ex/Fran/Season using Player Lock in '14, don't know if they fixed that in '15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »