Home

Your best draft picks ever in MLB the Show

This is a discussion on Your best draft picks ever in MLB the Show within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2016, 09:37 PM   #9
Rookie

NightRaven3's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Your best draft picks ever in MLB the Show

In my astros franchise, I drafted in the second round, a left handed LF name Doug McGhee. He was 18 with a B potential but after 2 seasons in the minors his potential went to an A. So I keep him down one more year so Gattis contract can end. Brought him him up when he was 21 the following year and his rookie season he batted .290 36 hrs and 90 rbis. I played him at the DH since I had 3 outfielders better than him in fielding. Now he is 32 and has belted 380 hrs and has a career average of .286. He is playing LF now because he grew into a decent fielder with a cannon.

Another player 3 years after I drafted McGhee was a 3B named Raul Cabrera. He was a solid fielder and also a lefty. His rookie year he batted .275 with 26 hrs and 76 rbis. When he was in his last year of his contract, I knew I couldn't resign him but I kept him anyway thinking maybe I could offer him a less and resign him. So in free agency I lost him to the Yankees of course but I said that is a great fit for him since of the short left porch at Yankees stadium. Well I was right, the first year with them he hit .280 with 46hrs and 126 rbis and won the AL mvp. I was happy for him and never have felt a connection with two players like I did with McGhee and Cabrera before. God I love this game.

Last edited by NightRaven3; 01-22-2016 at 09:50 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »