Home

MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2016, 09:26 AM   #33
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
That's unfair to say, man. For some people it's an entire "sum of its parts" thing, with a couple things or two really being the tipping points. Same reason for why I might buy a game... it's hardly ever just for one feature, but for the collection of everything put together.

That being said, this really would be a weird tipping point.

Not really blzer, we all have seen some claim they won't be buying the game due to some small insignificant thing that wasn't changed or didn't make the cut.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:31 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Re: MLB The Show 16 Instant Replay Challenge System Remains Unchanged From Last Year

Quote:
That's unfair to say, man. For some people it's an entire "sum of its parts" thing, with a couple things or two really being the tipping points. Same reason for why I might buy a game... it's hardly ever just for one feature, but for the collection of everything put together.

That being said, this really would be a weird tipping point.
Not Blzer if anyone claims the game to be sim, how can it be sim if the replay system is not even close to what it is IRL.
Old 01-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #35
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
Not really blzer, we all have seen some claim they won't be buying the game due to some small insignificant thing that wasn't changed or didn't make the cut.
I understand this, but if everything else in the game improved I doubt they would be making that statement.

That, or like me, there are things that I hold onto near and dear that I haven't seen hit the proper light of day since starting to request them seven years ago. They're all decisions made by them though, so while I continue to purchase the game, there is a "top ten" list that still hasn't been cracked for me.

Nevertheless, there are still enough improvements for me to say, "Alright, I'll still buy." For others, they don't have "enough improvements" alongside the ones they want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Not Blzer if anyone claims the game to be sim, how can it be sim if the replay system is not even close to what it is IRL.
To be fair, they have to do a lot to work out not only the challenge system, but also the logic and how things separate correct calls from incorrect. This isn't just late versus early, but also miffed tags, traps... you name it.

I appreciate authenticity, but sometimes it just doesn't work out right anyway. Even in ESPN NFL 2K5, it was just kind of stupid because the announcers really told you beforehand whether or not the call was going to be overturned. It's cool, but needed to be better.

I'll give them a pass on this for sure.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2016, 11:46 AM   #36
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I haven't gotten Madden in several years.

How authentic is their replay system? To me, it seems off to intentionally devise (code) results which will be incorrect and prompt the user to challenge it.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:05 PM   #37
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
I haven't gotten Madden in several years.

How authentic is their replay system? To me, it seems off to intentionally devise (code) results which will be incorrect and prompt the user to challenge it.
It is pretty well done. Definitely real-like bang/bang plays at first base, just like you see in real life. The presentation aspect of it is pretty good too.

You definitely do NOT see obviously incorrect calls being made just to prompt the replay interface.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:34 PM   #38
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
I understand this, but if everything else in the game improved I doubt they would be making that statement.

That, or like me, there are things that I hold onto near and dear that I haven't seen hit the proper light of day since starting to request them seven years ago. They're all decisions made by them though, so while I continue to purchase the game, there is a "top ten" list that still hasn't been cracked for me.

Nevertheless, there are still enough improvements for me to say, "Alright, I'll still buy." For others, they don't have "enough improvements" alongside the ones they want.

To be fair, they have to do a lot to work out not only the challenge system, but also the logic and how things separate correct calls from incorrect. This isn't just late versus early, but also miffed tags, traps... you name it.

I appreciate authenticity, but sometimes it just doesn't work out right anyway. Even in ESPN NFL 2K5, it was just kind of stupid because the announcers really told you beforehand whether or not the call was going to be overturned. It's cool, but needed to be better.

I'll give them a pass on this for sure.

I'd like to see this Top 10 list, if possible, Blzer! I'm curious to see what ideas haven't been touched

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
I haven't seen a demographic breakdown of who buys the game but I have arrived at the conclusion a lot - maybe most - are juveniles whose priorities are different from mine.

This would explain why seemingly insignificant things like accessories for rtts players are a make or break requirement for some.
Old 01-22-2016, 01:41 PM   #40
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Numbers being too low on the back, and the stripe on the Twins pants come to mind.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »