Home

When will Sony shut servers for MLB 15 The Show for Vita?

This is a discussion on When will Sony shut servers for MLB 15 The Show for Vita? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2016, 06:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
When will Sony shut servers for MLB 15 The Show for Vita?

Does anyone know how long they will leave the server for the Vault going for MLB 15 The Show for the Vita? MLB 15 The Show for the Vita would be fine if we can update the Rosters. To bad there is no way to update the schedule also. Sony should let the servers go for longer since they discontinued the Vita version and it is the only way to share rosters as of now. The should do this because it is the right thing to do, but most likely it means that we will be on our own very soon, for those of us who own the Vita. The only avenue I see to get shared rosters after the servers are shut down is to have our community update the rosters ourselves and upload them to this site to share with other Vita users.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2016, 06:59 PM   #2
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: When will Sony shut servers for MLB 15 The Show for Vita?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfine1966
Does anyone know how long they will leave the server for the Vault going for MLB 15 The Show for the Vita? MLB 15 The Show for the Vita would be fine if we can update the Rosters. To bad there is no way to update the schedule also. Sony should let the servers go for longer since they discontinued the Vita version and it is the only way to share rosters as of now. The should do this because it is the right thing to do, but most likely it means that we will be on our own very soon, for those of us who own the Vita. The only avenue I see to get shared rosters after the servers are shut down is to have our community update the rosters ourselves and upload them to this site to share with other Vita users.
They took down MLB 14's servers late 2015 I believe so maybe until late 2016? Since it is the last iteration maybe they'll keep them up longer though, but the Vita servers might be the same as the other versions so if one go down, they all do.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:47 PM   #3
Rookie

Yanksfan1977's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
They took down MLB 14's servers late 2015 I believe so maybe until late 2016? Since it is the last iteration maybe they'll keep them up longer though, but the Vita servers might be the same as the other versions so if one go down, they all do.
I assume this answer bodes for the PS4 version as well. I've only bought the game about a month ago. The online leagues don't really concern me as much as the ability to download updated rosters from the community.
Old 03-05-2016, 10:02 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

What is more important is when the servers shut down, since their will be no more Vita versions, will there be a way that the community will be able to create updated rosters, upload to their computers, and then post on this site? Isn't their software that Sony had to back up data to your computer for Vita?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »