Home

New 2016 Jerseys

This is a discussion on New 2016 Jerseys within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 04:35 PM   #73
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: New 2016 Jerseys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
I doubt the Padres brown alts make it in. It's either the brown alt or the new camo since they are also keeping the blue alts.

Looks to me like the Pirates alternate, as well as like the Twins alt and a few others were already announced and in the style guide b4 they were unveiled. So they should be in the game as long as its replacing a jersey or there is a slot available as is the case with a team like the Phillies.

From a few outside sources it seems like the new ST jerseys were sprung out of nowhere, as a last minute thing. A lot of Official MLB team stores weren't even aware they would be getting new jerseys/hats. If that's the case then we can't expect the SCEA dev team to have the jerseys in 16.
That's the feeling I got about the new jerseys and hats as well. It seemed like no one knew they were coming
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 02-03-2016, 05:45 PM   #74
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belkbuzze
They sure are HiRes and very pretty. Couldn't they be DLCs?

oh here we go that dangerous word in gaming today microtranatcions!
Old 02-03-2016, 07:28 PM   #75
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg83
Couldn't SCEA pull analytics on what jerseys are being used? I play the Whitesox and I NEVER use the 1917 jerseys.

If number of slots is the issue, why not remove those they aren't being used? I'd much rather see a 1959 jersey or 1977 than 1917.

Be much easier to point to the user numbers rather than the lack of slots.

EDIT: punc.
Haha, I don't want to hear it. My Cubs have set of BLANK home and away throwbacks. I know they're supposed to be from around the turn of the 20th century, but heck, I'd rather have the 1994 or 1978 jerseys. Not to mention the 1982 jerseys are wrong; the road unis are supposed to have name on the back (They didn't in 15), and the numbers are supposed to be blue with no name on the home unis (They are red in 15). It's a shame because I absolutely LOVED those jerseys as a kid and would wear them every game if they were correct.

I see what you're saying though. Jerseys that we'd actually remember and use. It'd be cool to see the White Sox have their 1989 jerseys with the cursive "C" on the cap. Or maybe the 1977 jerseys, yeah. Reminds me of when Harry Caray would sing the 7th inning stretch on the South Side.

I'm a jersey nut and would even go as far to pay $80 if they had to raise the price to accommodate all of them.

Last edited by Herschie; 02-03-2016 at 07:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2016, 10:14 PM   #76
MVP

zippy2212's Arena

OVR: 8

The real bummer is the 82 road uni's were right in 14. They took the name off the back last year. The home jerseys haven't been right since they were added. Hopefully this year. I'm with you on the throwback old uniforms give us something that resembles a Cubs uniform, 1945 or something. Hopefully one of the uni's they wore for the 100 yr celebration made it into the style guide this year and can be included.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2016, 05:58 PM   #77
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

As a uniform nerd, I absolutely hate the "slot" system. With that being said, scea totally misuses them. Take the Rays for example. Why do they need identical throwback and old throwback uniforms with the only difference being a hat? Make home, road, road alt navy, home alt Columbia blue, throwback home devil rays, throwback road devil rays with the other hat (which allows you to pick between two hats) and throwback old the faux back uni and you could match it with the faux back they wore at Chicago the previous year. For teams like the mariners, put the teal jersey in the bp slot (without the spring training patches that will drop when season starts) and put the cream unis in that slot. You now have the navy, teal, gray, white, and creams as options. My final suggestion would be to eliminate the "old" option for teams. The Pirates NEVER wear the old blue/red so you could put in their camo set in that "slot."
Old 02-04-2016, 06:07 PM   #78
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
As a uniform nerd, I absolutely hate the "slot" system. With that being said, scea totally misuses them. Take the Rays for example. Why do they need identical throwback and old throwback uniforms with the only difference being a hat? Make home, road, road alt navy, home alt Columbia blue, throwback home devil rays, throwback road devil rays with the other hat (which allows you to pick between two hats) and throwback old the faux back uni and you could match it with the faux back they wore at Chicago the previous year. For teams like the mariners, put the teal jersey in the bp slot (without the spring training patches that will drop when season starts) and put the cream unis in that slot. You now have the navy, teal, gray, white, and creams as options. My final suggestion would be to eliminate the "old" option for teams. The Pirates NEVER wear the old blue/red so you could put in their camo set in that "slot."
Couldn't agree more
Old 02-04-2016, 07:29 PM   #79
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24

I wish it was that simple but it's not, we are 100% bound by the style guide zero exceptions. We've made changes based on real life and we immediately had to revert them back to what's in the style guide. Also some uniforms are not owned by the team therefore we cant' use them.
Old 02-04-2016, 07:58 PM   #80
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
I wish it was that simple but it's not, we are 100% bound by the style guide zero exceptions. We've made changes based on real life and we immediately had to revert them back to what's in the style guide. Also some uniforms are not owned by the team therefore we cant' use them.
Wow, the head guy from my fav game responded to my post. I thank you for taking time out of your day and your own work to listen to your fans and customers. I am a huge uni nerd with thousands of dollars in my personal collection. I post the "errors and omissions" thread every season. I don't do it out of hate for the game, but for real life accuracy. Honestly, I know you are bound by mlb and style guide rules as well as improving parts of the gameplay, but if I could ever be of help in the uniform department, I'm only a pm away. Thank you again Russell!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »