Home

MLB The Show 16: Road to the Show Revamped, But Is it For the Better?

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16: Road to the Show Revamped, But Is it For the Better? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #9
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 16: Road to the Show Revamped, But Is it For the Better?

I play RTTS exclusively as that is what I enjoy the most, while the perks ect look interesting they are optional and I probably will ignore them as a general rule. It would be nice to have a option to turn them on or off. Anyway I will reserve judgement till I see the whole process and how if affects my game play.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 01-27-2016, 04:54 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

That perk system seems so arcady. Slowing time down to make an important play?...are the players now super heros?. Franchise mode better not have it or this game is moving away from simulation 2 years in a row now with removal of stride with ,15 now perks for ,16?
Old 01-27-2016, 05:06 PM   #11
MVP

I think I'll wait on the twitch deep dive before all the speculation begin.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2016, 05:19 PM   #12
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm surprised by some of the disdain for RttS. I remember people around these boards almost universally loved it. I certainly still love it, and I'm a big franchise guy as well.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:40 PM   #13
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

I've been asking and hoping for the dev team to make RTTS more video-gamey. Equipment was nice, but felt like just a boost to starting your player. Every time you made a new player you'd just slap on your best stuff. I'd like to see a much larger variation and diverse equipment and stat boosts associated with them. RTTS is a pseudo-RPG so why not just go all the way. The perks look like a great addition, but will it be the same scenario as with equipment where you just use the same passive perks because they are the best. I'd rather see equipment and perks have both a positive and negative component so I'd actually have to make a decision instead of just picking which bat gives the most +contact and power. Using the same Rawlings bat can get a bit old, especially when it's used on every one of my RTTS players.

There is a lot of potential this year with more equipment brands and the perks. I think the next step would be making the contracts matter. Imagine if you unlocked a new pair of shoes, but needed an extra 2mil to buy them. Maybe you sign that contract with Boston over your favorite team.

Anyways very excited to see how the new additions effect how you equip and build your players this year.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:11 PM   #14
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjays44
That perk system seems so arcady. Slowing time down to make an important play?...are the players now super heros?. Franchise mode better not have it or this game is moving away from simulation 2 years in a row now with removal of stride with ,15 now perks for ,16?
I have to agree with you. Slowing down the play while batting will be like hitting off of a Tee like Tee Ball. Can you imagine playing live 3rd base and you go into an instant replay like speed to make the play? Definitely too arcade for me. I love the fact that the game changes speeds with different pitchers. Some guys fastballs look like 110 mph because they hide the ball so well and I have no prayer driving the ball hard. Slowing it down kills that intensity.

I shouldn't pass judgement until I see it though. I thought that quick count would never had been for me but I found myself really loving it,.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:40 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjays44
I agree, if franchise mode has this it would be a game breaker for me. It's probably just a rtts thing.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:44 PM   #16
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
I agree, if franchise mode has this it would be a game breaker for me. It's probably just a rtts thing.
Ramone said in the IGN vid a few weeks ago that ShowTime was just for RttS and Player Lock.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »