Home

What is the first thing you'll do after popping in MLB The Show 16?

This is a discussion on What is the first thing you'll do after popping in MLB The Show 16? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2016, 02:51 PM   #41
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: What is the first thing you'll do after popping in MLB The Show 16?

Going to transfer my franchise over from 15 and continue with that until the O.S rosters come out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2016, 03:56 PM   #42
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0

Transfer over my RTTS and play that until OSFM is out and I can contemplate starting a franchise. I'll still probably spend most of my time on RTTS though.

I haven't played in months, but if I remember correctly I was in either year 9 or 10 of my RTTS career, playing every game.

I want to finally finish a career. With year-to-year saves being implemented, that's kind of the entire point of it for me. I don't think I'll be able to play enough seasons to finish out his career in MLB 16, might finally do it in MLB 17. He needs to play at least 15 seasons to make it a realistic HOF career, preferably more, since he was up in the majors at 19.
Old 01-31-2016, 04:32 PM   #43
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Work on OSFM
Old 01-31-2016, 04:39 PM   #44
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

Crack open a beer.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2016, 05:14 PM   #45
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Start unintentionally ignoring my wife...
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2016, 05:48 PM   #46
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
This year I am aiming for a fresh approach to MLB The Show. I am not carrying over a franchise, I am not waiting for a roster, I am not waiting for sliders. The day of release I will start my standard two franchises and my RTTS and I am not looking back.

I said I was going to do this last year and I didn't. And once again, none of my franchises made it past May. The constant resetting every time a better roster comes out just kills my plans of an ongoing franchise. There are always a Giants minor league player that I "have to have" in my franchise that gets added by SCEA mid season and I reset. Or OSFM drops, then an update drops, then another. Or a drastically under-rated player finally gets their due (Matt Duffy last year).

This year, I'd love to just start at launch and not look back. Hopefully I'll be able to have the willpower to do it. SCEA allowing us to import new CAPS from roster updates to overwrite generic game created minor leaguers into existing franchises would go a really long way into helping make this a reality. That's by far and away the number one feature I'd love to see in this years game.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:16 PM   #47
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
I said I was going to do this last year and I didn't. And once again, none of my franchises made it past May. The constant resetting every time a better roster comes out just kills my plans of an ongoing franchise. There are always a Giants minor league player that I "have to have" in my franchise that gets added by SCEA mid season and I reset. Or OSFM drops, then an update drops, then another. Or a drastically under-rated player finally gets their due (Matt Duffy last year).

This year, I'd love to just start at launch and not look back. Hopefully I'll be able to have the willpower to do it. SCEA allowing us to import new CAPS from roster updates to overwrite generic game created minor leaguers into existing franchises would go a really long way into helping make this a reality. That's by far and away the number one feature I'd love to see in this years game.
I'm in the same boat here. I know so much about my favorite team and pay close attention to the real life team that I always restart my Franchise with them for rookies/updated attribute/trades/etc. So my plan this year is to have 2 Franchises. One will be with my team (and will likely get restarted multiple times as usual), and the other will be with a team I've never done one with (I'm hoping this one will stick because I won't pay super close attention to the real life club).
Old 01-31-2016, 08:27 PM   #48
Pro

OVR: 0

Once I pop in MLB 16 the first thing I'll do is probably pop out if history is any indication.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »